office message

Subject: Greetings from an informal ODF (Sub-)TC Meeting in Milano (aka Regina, Michael and myself)

Hi Francis, Hi Patrick,

we have an informal face2face meeting here in Milano (Italy) aside from the LibreOffice Conference.
We were discussing our personal views on the next ODF 1.4 release.

Regina suggested having a feature freeze for ODF 1.4, meaning what issue is "resolved" by end of the year makes it into ODF 1.4 otherwise will be postponed.
And having a committee draft in January?

The first question to you, editors, was: "Is there already an updated draft available?" Regina mentioned that in the TC chat from 2022-09-12 it was said to upload an updated draft, see https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202209/msg00003.html

The ODF 1.4 candidate list is obviously the JIRA query for ODF 1.4 with 90 issues:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4134?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22ODF%201.4%22

The query that lists the issues that are already "resolved" are the following 53 issues:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4125?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Resolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22ODF%201.4%22

We once distributed issues among TC members if theyÂare ready to be resolved.Â
The evaluation emails if issues are possible for ODF 1.4 are the following:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202207/msg00019.html
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202207/msg00026.html
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202207/msg00028.html
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202207/msg00035.html

What tasks are left? Most of the tasks were discussed, are some still missing?
Michael went through the TC emails and notes/minutes and figured out from these issues the following needs to be handled as described:

OFFICE-4114 -> was resolved in the meeting but JIRA not updated
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202208/msg00015.html

OFFICE-4073 -> not discussed yet, was a reopen of applied

OFFICE-4024 -> was extensively discussed, not easy to resolve
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202207/msg00038.html
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202208/msg00001.html
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202208/msg00010.html
^ this contains a proposed text to replace the current one
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202208/msg00015.html
^ this has some proposals/ideas but no resolution

OFFICE-4120 -> was resolved in the meeting but JIRA not updated
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202208/msg00015.html

Perhaps we can put these items on the agenda of our next TC meeting (10th of October)?

Greetings from Italy!
Regina, Michael and Svante