office message

Subject: Re: [office] Notes from ODF TC Teleconference 27 Feb. 2023

Hi members,

sorry for being so late.

Patrick Durusau schrieb am 27.02.2023 um 19:18:

*Patrick:*Â Regina - what would help to come to a decision on this part?

*Patrick:*Â Patrick: Just me but open ended questions are hard to decide as a group, suggest a proposal that makes the choices and so we can say yes/no to specifics.

*Patrick:*Â Regina will do a document with a specific proposal

*Patrick:*Â Regina- would be helpful to know what MS needs to convert to OOXML

*Patrick:*Â Regina - will have something by Friday of this week

I have added some text to 20.404.2 <style:graphic-properties> and 20.404.4 <style:paragraph-properties>

Michael pointed me to 16.2, were you find:
"For styles with family paragraph which are applied to paragraph elements which are contained in a drawing shape or a chart element, the search continues within the graphic, presentation or chart style that is applied to the drawing object or chart element, and continues in its parent styles."
So the graphic style in included in the inheritance chain.

I have looked how LibreOffice uses <style:graphic-properties> and <style:paragraph-properties> of a graphic style. In LibreOffice it depends on the kind of object, whether the style:writing-mode attribute is in the graphic-properties or the paragraph-properties. Other applications might differ in that point too. So I think it best to allow both but request, if style:writing-mode is preset in both elements, its value shall be the same.

It is still not clear how the paragraph style, which is referenced by a draw:text-style-name (19.227) attribute off the shape, is used in relation to the <style:paragraph-properties> of the assigned graphic style and the style referenced by the text:style-name attribute of a <text:p> element inside the shape. That is not a new problem introduced by the new sideways-lr and sideways-rl, but it exists already in ODF 1.2.

I can likely work a little bit on the text over the weekend. So please don't hesitate to send mir your comments.

Kind regards,
Regina