office message

Subject: Re: [office] Draft ODF TC teleconference agenda for April 24, 2023

Hi all,

Additional topic "color transformation" for today:

There is ongoing development for providing color transformations in LibreOffice. Such color transformation allows to vary a base color in a lot of ways, e.g make it darker, semi-transparent, decrease saturation, ...

Such color transformation needs an attribute for the kind of transformation and an attribute for the quantity. Only considering import from OOXML there will be about 28 transformation types.

How would you specify it?

My idea is to use an element, because the result depends on the order transformations are applied. I thought of making the type a namespaced token and the amount as string (effectively an any).
I think of adding it as implementation-defined.
If not using "implementation-defined" the data type of the quantity depends on the type of color transformation.

"implementation-defined" or not is the same amount of work for me. I would have to do it for LibreOffice or for ODF. But using "implementation-defined" removes the duty for the ODF to maintain it, and it allows to first only specify those transformations which are actually implemented and add further ones without the need to change ODF.

Kind regards,
Regina