office message

Subject: ODF 1.4 editing progress report

Dear ODF TC members

Patrick and I have been working on applying ODF 1.4 fixes to the specifications and schemas. The attached spreadsheet summarises our progress to date. The spreadsheet lists all the issues that in JIRA have a ‘Fix Version’ of ‘ODF 1.4’ (95 in total). Patrick and I have been working on making sure that where an issue is marked as ‘Resolved’ (technical issue) or ‘Applied’ (editorial issue), the spreadsheet documents whether and when:

  • the Resolution has been logged in JIRA;
  • changes, if any, have been applied to the schema;
  • manual text changes, if any, have been applied to the specifications.

Changes to text generated from the schema will be made once we know that all schema changes have been made.

Yellow highlighting of a cell in the spreadsheet indicates that there is more work to be done by Patrick or me. In one case (Office-4118) there needs to be some TC discussion. Otherwise, all fixes have been applied.

If you have queries, either send email to the list or raise them in the meeting.

The fixes have all been applied to the master working drafts in GitHub. In the spreadsheet, in row 3, are links to all the working drafts that Patrick and I have been working on. Note that Part 1 doesn’t contain any changes yet, as this Part will be updated only once we need to prepare documents for the formal OASIS approval process.

You’ll notice that column H (approved by TC) has not been filled in. Our intention has been to add the dates on which issues were minuted as being resolved. However, since this information is derivable from JIRA, we wonder whether this is useful to duplicate it here.

Regards,

Francis Cave, co-editor