office message

Subject: Notes from June 5, 2023 teleconference of the ODF TC

Greetings!

Notes from the ODF TC teleconference on June 5, 2023 follow below.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

**********************

Patrick: Quorum - yes
Patrick: agenda - approved by consent
Patrick: minutes 15 May 2023 - approved by consent
Patrick: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202306/msg00000.html
Michael Stahl: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202306/msg00005.html
Patrick: the numbers 1, 2, 3, ÃÂ
Patrick: 1,2,3,...
Patrick: editorial issue on what to call the 1,2,3,... -
Patrick: Regina's proposal accepted by consent, editors to enter the content into JIRA and the pending drafts.
Patrick: Brainstorming on ODF TC membership
Patrick: Google is missing
Regina Henschel: a) We have seven members in the Roster from IBM. Perhaps we can ask IBM to become more active?
Patrick: Regina - reactivate members we have already
Patrick: Regina - start with IBM - ask them become active -
Patrick: Michael - haven't heard from them - are they using ODF?
Regina Henschel: b) There exists some application besides MS Office, Gnumeric, Apache OpenOffice and LibreOffice that produce or consume ODF documents.
Patrick: wikipedia - look for users of ODF - ask them to join -
Patrick: Zoho -
Patrick: the important topic is how to use the document online - Regina - multiple authors - desktop version is not the future - what do we need to change in the file format online
Patrick: OnlyOffice - is online as well
Regina Henschel: online as well: Collabora, Microsoft, Google Docs
Patrick: Patrick - to write pitch for online, circulate to TC.
Patrick: Set Jamie's submission to ISO for next meeting
Patrick: Stand adjourned!

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net