office message

Subject: ODF TC informal meeting - 21st August 2023

Dear all

Here are the notes taken during today’s informal meeting:

**********

Regina Henschel: informal discussion

Francis Cave: I will contact OASIS to see if I can become a temporary Chair of the TC to assist Svante until Patrick's return.

Regina Henschel: +1

Michael Stahl: +1

Michael Stahl: Regina: EASTERSUNDAY, change cut-off date from 1582 to 1583

Michael Stahl: OFFICE-2164

Regina Henschel: Constraints: 1582  Year  9956  to Constraints: 1583  Year  9956

Francis Cave: I will arrange for the status of OFFICE-2164 to be reset to allow for approval of Regina's proposed change to the Constraints on EASTERSUNDAY.

Francis Cave: approval -> for review by the TC

Francis Cave: OFFICE-4094

Michael Stahl: sorry my phone just out of battery

Michael Stahl: last hing i said was "the problemtic case is half a second before midnight on december 31", that's when the truncate vs. round makes a difference wrt. the algorithms given in 4.11.7 Basis

Francis Cave: Need a new JIRA issue for fixing Procedure E in 4.11.7.7

Francis Cave: I will arrange for the status of OFFICE-4094 to be reset.

Francis Cave: The proposal is that the TRUNCATE parameter would default to TRUE, which is the current expected (ODF 1.3) behaviour. But MS Excel currently rounds, i.e. behaves as if the TRUNCATE parameter is set to FALSE.

Francis Cave: To support the proposed change, MS Excel would need to explicitly write out TRUNCATE = FALSE

Francis Cave: Next meeting: September 11 at the usual time.

Kind regards,

Francis