office message

Subject: Agenda for ODF TC Teleconference, 11 September 2023

Greetings!

The agenda for our TC call on Monday, 2023-09-11

Time of meeting: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2023&month=9&day=11&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=234&p2=25&p3=136&p4=37

The call counts towards voter eligibility.

Teleconference Numbers - Access code: 438387

Canada Â(use US number)
Denmark +45 78 77 25 34
Germany +49 30 255550324
Hungary +36 1 987 6874
Netherlands Â+31 6 35205016
United Kingdom +44 330 777 2407
US +1 267 807 9605

Chat room for meeting is at http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/odf

Please send comments to the mailing list.

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 24 July 2023 - Âhttps://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202307/msg00036.html

4. Update on Patrickâs condition and decide whether it would be useful for Francis to be appointed as Secretary for a limited period (say to the end of October), as Chet has suggested, so that I can assist you with some of the admin tasks.
Our secretary-in-spe might explain the formalities to elect an OASIS TC secretary.

5. Change to EasterSunday function, ODF 1.4
Change cut-off date from 1582 to 1583
Constraints: 1582 ÂYear Â9956 Âto Constraints: 1583 ÂYear Â9956
see
a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2164
b) https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202307/msg00065.html (Regina)
c) https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202308/msg00008.html (informal meeting notes)

6. OFFICE-4094: Redefinition of SECOND function in regard to rounding
Do we agree on reopening this issue (e.g. by pressing in JIRA the "Reject edits" button)?
See proposal and comparison shown in attached ODT to JIRA: Âhttps://issues.oasis-open.org/secure/attachment/12085/12085_NewProposal+SECOND+function.odt
The proposal is that the TRUNCATE parameter would default to TRUE, which is the current expected (ODF 1.3) behaviour. But MS Excel currently rounds, i.e. behaves as if the TRUNCATE parameter is set to FALSE.
To support the proposed change, MS Excel would need to explicitly write out TRUNCATE = FALSE
see
a) https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202308/msg00008.html (informal meeting notes)
b) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4094
c) https://issues.oasis-open.org/secure/attachment/12085/12085_NewProposal+SECOND+function.odt

7. User Comment on MathML Version Update
see
a) https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/202308/msg00000.html
b) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4148

8, ODF 1.4 progress sheet
Update from Francis - Q&A
a) https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202308/msg00011.html
b) https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202308/msg00012.html
c) https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202308/msg00011/ODF_1.4_editing_progress_sheet_2023-08-21.ods

9. New Issue OFFICE-4147: Wrong algorithm in 4.11.7.7 Procedure E in part 4
NOTE: Please read the long issue description ahead of the meeting!
Do we accept this issue?
a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4147
b) https://docs.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument/v1.3/os/part4-formula/OpenDocument-v1.3-os-part4-formula.html#Basis-ProcedureE
c) https://issues.oasis-open.org/secure/attachment/12086/Steps%20manually.ods

10. Adjournment.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Svante