office message

Subject: Notes from 9 October 2023 - ODF TC Teleconference

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights
[18:08] Svante Schubert: We got quorum!

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda
[18:10] Svante Schubert: Approved the agenda - adding new topic 4. How to Dial in in from Taiwan

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 25 September 2023 - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202309/msg00036.html
[18:10] Svante Schubert: 3. minutes approved

4. How to Dial in from Taiwan
[18:12] Svante Schubert: I will contact him and try with him the app, if this is not working, we need to switch to some VOIP, this would be discussed next time.

5. Status update/review on last week's editors work
a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4094 Reopened due to new input from Eike - next steps?)
[18:17] Svante Schubert: Michael: Either we have new parameters or new functions .
[18:32] Regina Henschel: DayFraction = (T - INT(T))
HourFraction = (DayFraction * 24 - INT(DayFraction * 24))
Minute = INT(HourFraction * 60)
[18:34] Svante Schubert: Regina suggests: Keep the old functions for truncate and add new functions for rounding.

[18:35] Michael Stahl: epic history of this issue:
Âi. Âthe issue was reported because ODF 1.3 time function SECOND is inconsistent with the 5 other time functions because SECOND is defined to round and others truncate;
Âii. initially we decided to change all 6 functions to round;
Âiii.then it was pointed out to us that there is a section on days-in-the-year algorithms (4.11.7 Basis), all of which are defined to truncate, so it would be inconsistent to have these 6 functions round;
Âiv. we decided to add a bool parameter to the 6 functions so that it can either round or truncate
Âv. Âit was pointed out to us that existing ODF consumers would error in evaluating a function which they know with an extra parameter they do not know
Âvi. we are discussing to instead have 2 separate sets of 6 functions, one set rounding and the other truncating, so that existing ODF 1.3 consumers would evaluate one set of functions and hopefully recognize other set of functions as unknown and use the calculated value stored by ODF 1.4 producer

b) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4141 (FYI: solved by Francis, reviewed by Svante)
[18:36] Svante Schubert: I reviewed: the status is all good - added github issue and JIRA issue kept with editorial flag

c) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4112 Next steps?
[18:41] Svante Schubert: Francis: Fix the reference
[18:43] Svante Schubert: Regina: drop the wording "proleptic Gregorian calendar"
[18:45] Svante Schubert: 5. Issue OFFICE-4147: Wrong algorithm in 4.11.7.7 Procedure E in part 4

6. Issue OFFICE-4147: Wrong algorithm in 4.11.7.7 Procedure E in part 4
The issue some weeks ago, so please be prepared! **Please read in advance! **
We need to vote on the existing proposal and the target version (JIRA "Fix Version" property).
a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4147
b) https://docs.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument/v1.3/os/part4-formula/OpenDocument-v1.3-os-part4-formula.html#Basis-ProcedureE
c) https://issues.oasis-open.org/secure/attachment/12086/Steps%20manually.ods
[18:46] Svante Schubert: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4147
[18:55] Svante Schubert: Vote: We all agreed on Reginas proposal.
[18:56] Michael Stahl1: Regina asks to add a version ODF-1.5
[18:57] Svante Schubert: And add this issue to fixed-version ODF 1.5.
[18:57] Svante Schubert: Vote: We all agree to use fixed-version ODF 1.5

9. Adjournment.
[18:59] Svante Schubert: Next call will be next week on the 16th of October:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2023&month=10&day=16&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=234&p2=25&p3=136&p4=37&p5=101&p6=241
[18:59] Svante Schubert: Meeting adjourned