office message

Subject: Agenda for ODF TC Teleconference, 23 October 2023

Greetings!

The agenda for our TC call on Monday, 2023-10-23

Time of meeting: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2023&month=10&day=23&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=234&p2=25&p3=136&p4=37&p5=241

The call counts towards voter eligibility.

Teleconference Numbers - Access code: 438387

Canada (use US number)
Denmark +45 78 77 25 34
Germany +49 30 255550324
Hungary +36 1 987 6874
Netherlands +31 6 35205016
United Kingdom +44 330 777 2407
US +1 267 807 9605

Chat room for meeting is at http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/odf

Please send comments to the mailing list.

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 16 October 2023 - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00015.html

4. Status update/review on last week's editors work
a) Francis corrected chapter numbers of https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4073 (reviewed by myself)s
see https://oasis-tcs.github.io/odf-tc/odf1.4/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.4-part3-schema.html#property-style_vertical-pos
b)Â Alfred has identified several JIRA issues, listed in appendices of Parts 2, 3 and 4 of the current draft of ODF 1.4, that either appear to be entirely editorial changes or include changes to some sections that are purely editorial.Â
Francis has listed them as follows:

Office-4025:

Editorial change of a single word in Part 3, 19.639
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4025

Office-4088:

Editorial change, adding the word âattributeâ and changing âimplementation definedâ to âimplementation-definedâ in Part 2, 4.17
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4088
(editorial flag is still missing)

Office-4096:

Editorial change, correcting the matrix in Part 4, 6.5.1

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4096

Office-4113:

Editorial changes only, making wording consistent between functions, in Part 4, 6.13.6, 6.13.11, 6.13.12, 6.13.15 and 6.13.16. Note that other changes connected with this issue ARE technical, so should remain listed in the Appendix.

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4113
(editorial flag is still missing)

Office-4139:

Editorial changes only in Part 4, 6.14.5 and 6.14.12.

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4139
(editorial flag is still missing)

Does anyone object that they are purely editorial and to add the "editorial" flag when missing and to remove thoseÂfrom the appendices lists?

I have reviewed them and would agree as they are purely editorial!

5. Problems with DAY, MONTH and YEAR functions blocking "round or trunc seconds" problem
 Please read Regina proposed solution for the case, that we decide to use new functions for 'rounding before extracting'
 see https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00019.html
 see https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00019/Add_new_functions_with_beforehand_round_seconds_.odt

6. Additions to applied OFFICE-4110 which is related to draw:handle
a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4146
We need to vote on the existing proposal and the target version (JIRA "Fix Version" property).

7. Check Issues
The query "project = OFFICE AND status = New AND fixVersion is EMPTY" shows 17 issues (including 4147 above)
https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY
a) We might want to prioritize on the four bugs:
project = OFFICE AND status = New AND fixVersion is EMPTY AND Type=Bug
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4147?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY%20AND%20Type%3DBug
b) followed by the six improvements:
project = OFFICE AND status = New AND fixVersion is EMPTY AND type=Improvement
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4145?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY%20AND%20type%3DImprovement

8. Adjournment.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Svante