office message

Subject: Notes from 20 November 2023 - ODF TC Teleconference

[17:59] Svante Schubert: The suggested agenda for our TC call on Monday, 2023-11-20

Please send comments to the mailing list.

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 13 November 2023 - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202311/msg00009.html

4. FYI: Office comment list: Wrong operand order in 6.10.6 DAYS in ODF 1.3 part 4
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/202311/msg00000.html
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/202311/msg00001.html - Reginas Reply
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4149 - Wrong operand order in 6.10.6 DAYS in ODF 1.3 part 4
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/odf-tc/issues/35#issuecomment-1811983605

5. Last week's editor's work review:
OFFICE-4108: new attribute for list level format string
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4108
Francis has corrected a typing error in the Resolution field in JIRA (the attribute is 'style:number-list-format-name',
Ânot 'number:number-list-format-name'), and expect to correct this in Part 3, Section 922
Âbefore the next TC meeting. The section numbers in the Resolution field have also been updated.

6. Editor's work review: Update on ODF 1.4 editing progress sheet
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202311/msg00019.html
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202311/msg00019/ODF_1.4_editing_progress_sheet_20231117.ods

NEW 7. Improvement of Editor Review by Cloud account for all members?
- We could ask for Next Cloud hosted by TDF
- Or perhaps there is a Office365 account offering or Goolge Docs?

NEW 8. OASIS platform update starting 14 December
- Should we better finish our draft before 14th of December?
- Should we inform OASIS personal about our upcoming draft?

9. Do we accept the following new feature and what will be the target:
OFFICE-4150: Frames may break between pages in text documents
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4150
Interoperability with OOXML, please see issue comments.

10. Do we accept the following new feature and what will be the target:
OFFICE-4130: "use-slide-background" fill for shapes in legacy presentation formats
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4130
Any new idea than using a deprecated node for a new feature?

11. Do we accept the following new feature and what will be the target:
OFFICE-4138: add source paragraph style to table of figures/objects/tables
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4138
Had been postponed from last week as Regina asked for test documents, if no test documents exist we postpone again.

12. OFFICE-3951: Restore formatting for references
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3951
@Patrick: Does this still apply for the ODF 1.4 draft? Could you give an example?
Do we accept the following new feature and what will be the target?

13. Resulting from a comment by the W3C in 2009:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200903/msg00155.html
There are three issues related to SVG:
I would suggest some high-level discussion to decide what we shall do with them - decisions will be made likely on follow-up calls.

OFFICE-3897: Extract ODF-only features missing from SVG, liaise with W3C about that
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3897

OFFICE-3899: Rework usage of SVG namespace usages of NCNames to conform with SVG requirements
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3899

OFFICE-3900: Rework usage of SVG keywords to avoid redefinition
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3900

14. FYI: The query "project = OFFICE AND status = New AND fixVersion is EMPTY" showed 1 Bug, 2 Feature and 1 Tasks with 3 Subtasks
https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY
Should be empty after the above issues!

15. The query "project = OFFICE AND fixVersion = ODF-Next AND proposal is not EMPTY" is likely our next working queue:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4098?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20ODF-Next%20AND%20proposal%20is%20not%20EMPTY
OFFICE-4098: "Default values for draw:dots1-length and draw:dots2-length missing"

16. Adjournment.

[18:01] Svante Schubert: Houston, we have a problem - Unable to log into OASIS site: connect to oasis office db.services.dfw01.int.oasis-infra.net SQL server
[18:04] Svante Schubert: 1. We have quorum!

[18:04] Svante Schubert: 2. We agreed on the (changed) agenda above

[18:04] Svante Schubert: 3. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 13 November 2023 - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202311/msg00009.html
[18:05] Svante Schubert: Minutes approved

[18:06] Svante Schubert: 4. FYI: Office comment list: Wrong operand order in 6.10.6 DAYS in ODF 1.3 part 4
[18:06] Svante Schubert: Francis, asked if this was already fixed in ODF 1.4, but it is "just" on the list!

[18:07] Svante Schubert: 5. Last week's editor's work review:
OFFICE-4108: new attribute for list level format string
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4108
Francis has corrected a typing error in the Resolution field in JIRA (the attribute is 'style:number-list-format-name',
Ânot 'number:number-list-format-name'), and expect to correct this in Part 3, Section 922
Âbefore the next TC meeting. The section numbers in the Resolution field have also been updated.

6. Editor's work review: Update on ODF 1.4 editing progress sheet
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202311/msg00019.html
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202311/msg00019/ODF_1.4_editing_progress_sheet_20231117.ods
[18:08] Svante Schubert: Francis updated the list and all applied changes are also in the ODF 1.4 draft in our GitHub
[18:10] Svante Schubert: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4112

[18:11] Svante Schubert: 7. Improvement of Editor Review by Cloud account for all members?
- We could ask for Next Cloud hosted by TDF
- Or perhaps there is an Office365 account offering or Google Docs?
[18:13] Regina Henschel: rb.henschel@t-online.de
[18:14] Svante Schubert: Agreed to share by Google Docs as already on GDrive. Please state your Google Account email to Francis so we can share the document for all members.

[18:15] Svante Schubert: 8. OASIS platform update starting 14 December
- Should we better finish our draft before 14th of December?
- Should we inform OASIS personnel about our upcoming draft?
[18:17] Svante Schubert: Shall we have a time-boxed release on the 13th of December?
[18:19] Svante Schubert: Francis: Simplest thing would be to publish a working draft in ODF TC working repository
[18:20] Svante Schubert: Regina: We might want to release a working draft after the meeting on Monday 11th
[18:23] Svante Schubert: We aim to release a working draft right after the 11th, at least before the 14th of December.

[18:23] Svante Schubert: 9. Do we accept the following new feature and what will be the target:
OFFICE-4150: Frames may break between pages in text documents
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4150
Interoperability with OOXML, please see issue comments.
[18:28] Svante Schubert: Alfred will ask his dev team if there is a property to adjust page break behavior
[18:28] Svante Schubert: We all agree on accepting and target ODF 1.5

[18:28] Svante Schubert: 10. Do we accept the following new feature and what will be the target:
OFFICE-4130: "use-slide-background" fill for shapes in legacy presentation formats
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4130
Any new idea than using a deprecated node for a new feature?
[18:30] Svante Schubert: Svante: What was the reason the attribute 'use-slide-background' is marked in the issue as deprecated?
[18:32] Svante Schubert: ^^the answer: it was a joke by Michael ;-)
[18:33] Svante Schubert: Regina: Suggest to accept it and to put it ODF 1.5
[18:33] Svante Schubert: We all agree on it

[18:33] Svante Schubert: 11. Do we accept the following new feature and what will be the target:
OFFICE-4138: add source paragraph style to table of figures/objects/tables
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4138
Had been postponed from last week as Regina asked for test documents, if no test documents exist we postpone again.
[18:35] Svante Schubert: Test doc were added and Regina now agrees to accept the issue and to put it to target ODF 1.5 - but change to proposal to several paragraph styles
[18:37] Svante Schubert: We all agree on this

[18:37] Svante Schubert: 12. OFFICE-3951: Restore formatting for references
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3951
@Patrick: Does this still apply for the ODF 1.4 draft? Could you give an example?
Do we accept the following new feature and what will be the target?

[18:38] Svante Schubert: 13. Resulting from a comment by the W3C in 2009:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200903/msg00155.html
There are three issues related to SVG:
I would suggest some high-level discussion to decide what we shall do with them - decisions will be made likely on follow-up call.

OFFICE-3897: Extract ODF-only features missing from SVG, liaise with W3C about that
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3897

OFFICE-3899: Rework usage of SVG namespace usages of NCNames to conform with SVG requirements
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3899

OFFICE-3900: Rework usage of SVG keywords to avoid redefinition
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3900
[18:41] Svante Schubert: Regina found the parent task: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1431
[18:42] Svante Schubert: Regina suggests that if the parent task is office-later all children should be added to this target as default!
[18:43] Svante Schubert: We all agree to put them to Office later

[18:48] Svante Schubert: 14. FYI: The query "project = OFFICE AND status = New AND fixVersion is EMPTY" showed 1 Bug, 2 Feature and 1 Tasks with 3 Subtasks
https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY
Should be empty after the above issues!

[18:48] Svante Schubert: 15. The query "project = OFFICE AND fixVersion = ODF-Next AND proposal is not EMPTY" is likely our next working queue:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4098?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20ODF-Next%20AND%20proposal%20is%20not%20EMPTY
OFFICE-4098: "Default values for draw:dots1-length and draw:dots2-length missing"
[18:50] Svante Schubert: Regina: Suggests to accept it and use target ODF 1.5
[18:50] Svante Schubert: We all agree
[18:52] Svante Schubert: Francis: There are 108 odf-next issues
[18:53] Svante Schubert: The above query are the low hanging fruits of odf-next with an existing proposal
[18:54] Svante Schubert: Regina: Suggests to follow this list
[18:55] Svante Schubert: I would suggest starting with bugs, then improvements and then new features.
[18:55] Svante Schubert: If you have priorities please state them to list and I will add them on top of next agenda

[18:55] Svante Schubert: 16. Meeting adjourned