office message

Subject: Notes from 18 December 2023 - ODF TC Teleconference

[17:57] Svante: Greetings!

The agenda for our TC call on Monday, 2023-12-18

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 11 December 2023 - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202312/msg00025.html

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

4. Editor's work review: Update on ODF 1.4 editing progress sheet (Presenter: Francis and/or Patrick)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J4TDjF7T62oN9Afhz1OTA6ePOFcCGlgjBF9L2xdF47o

5. Status our release to OASIS (was planned after this meeting before ODF tooling change on the 14 December) Â(Presenter: Francis and/or Patrick)

6. Volunteers of upcoming calls

7. OFFICE-3841: The color mode "Watermark" makes images pale, not transparent (Presenter: Regina)

8. Agreement on ODF JIRA WorkFlow

9. Future of "ODF Fix Version/s. (aka target)" - ODF Next

10. Future of "ODF Fix Version/s. (aka target)" - ODF-Later

11. Ideas to make our TC work more efficient?

12. OFFICE-4109: How shall we proceed with the existing issue for default values:

13. OFFICE-4090: style:use-window-font-color missing a definition of "window foreground color"

14. OFFICE-4141: style:script-type has redundant paragraph

15. OFFICE-4124: 'clear' attribute for line breaks

16. OFFICE-3926: Use of attribute style:list-style-name in connection with pure <text:h> element is unclear

17. Adjournment.

[18:02] Svante: 1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

[18:02] Svante: We have a quorum!

[18:02] Svante: 2. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 11 December 2023 - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202312/msg00025.html

[18:02] Svante: Minutes approved!

[18:02] Svante: 3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

[18:04] Svante: Agenda approved!

[18:05] Svante: 4. Editor's work review: Update on ODF 1.4 editing progress sheet (Presenter: Francis and/or Patrick)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J4TDjF7T62oN9Afhz1OTA6ePOFcCGlgjBF9L2xdF47o

[18:06] Svante: Francis: The GitHub working draft was good to go (as noted last week), but the header/footer had to be adopted with the latest data (e.g. version#)!

[18:07] Svante: Regina: Hyperlinks in Column B do not work.

[18:07] Svante: Perhaps a Google issue? Francis will try some workaround!

[18:08] Svante: 5. Status our release to OASIS (was planned after this meeting before ODF tooling change on the 14 December) Â(Presenter: Francis and/or Patrick)

[18:08] Svante: Patrick: OASIS tooling was postponed

[18:08] Svante: Regina: We should add the draft to the old tooling

[18:09] Svante: Patrick: Has not uploaded till now the latest draft, but it was cleaned and a version is in GitHub. Doing the upload now!

[18:16] Svante: Francis: There are some problems found afterwards, we likely need a second working draft for ODF 1.4

[18:17] Francis Cave: See Part 3, 20.54 chart:series-source

[18:17] Svante: https://oasis-tcs.github.io/odf-tc/odf1.4/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.4-part3-schema.html#__RefHeading__1419522_253892949

[18:18] Francis Cave: See also JIRA issue https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4134

[18:18] Francis Cave: OFFICE-3741 removed the attribute table:cell-range-address

[18:20] Svante: Francis: But not listed in the appendix is 19.17 chart:data-source-has-labels (deprecated)

[18:20] Svante: https://oasis-tcs.github.io/odf-tc/odf1.4/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.4-part3-schema.html#__RefHeading__1416660_253892949

[18:22] Svante: The deletion of table:cell-range-address is listed in the appendix, but the deletion of its references is not!

[18:28] Svante: Regina: We group the two changes under the same heading

[18:29] Regina Henschel: We extend the heading to mention consequential changes

[18:29] Francis Cave: We group the consequential changes to 19.17 and 20.54 under the same heading as the removal of table:cell-range-address

[18:29] Svante: We all agree on the above!

[18:31] Francis Cave: Revisions to Appendix in Part 2, as agreed at the last meeting, have not yet been made.

[18:32] Francis Cave: Will be made for WD-02.

[18:33] Svante: 6. Volunteers of next call (Presenter: Svante)
TC members name (type in) an issue number (e.g. from our working query below) that they volunteer to present at the following TC meeting,
Or a random issue will be given. Issues and presenters will be added to the agenda right after the call!

[18:37] Svante: Alfred takes his empty cell semantic from last time (over some weeks)

[18:37] Svante: I will take a fragment identifier

[18:38] Svante: ^^explicit issue references will follow next year! :-)

[18:39] Regina Henschel: I will take a feature that is already implemented in LibreOffice, and write a new proposal for that.

[18:42] Svante: We could use a fast release of a committee specification (2 weeks review?)

[18:46] Svante: to be able to add new features quickly into the CS with an official XML useable by OD_F implementations

[18:47] Svante: Agreement on the above - as we like to write the agenda as well after the call (after the minutes)

[18:48] Svante: 7. OFFICE-3841: The color mode "Watermark" makes images pale, not transparent (Presenter: Regina)
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3841
The agreement was missing in the last agenda:
Do we all agree to postpone this issue by changing status to DEFERRED?

[18:48] Svante: We all agree on putting 3841 to DEFERRED

[18:50] Svante: 8. Presenter: Svante Â
Agreement on ODF JIRA WorkFlow
Please take a look at the tooltip of RESOLVED and APPLIED from our workflow: https://issues.oasis-open.org/plugins/servlet/project-config/OFFICE/workflow/?name=TC%20Issues
The default JIRA workflow is: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/what-is-workflow-720416127.html
RESOLVED Âas soon the TC agreed on a proposal
APPLIED - as soon the required changes from the issue were added by the editors to the deliverables
CLOSED - as soon the applied changes were reviewed as correct in the specification (or does at least a Committee specification has to be delivered)?

[18:50] Svante: Regina solved this issue already today on the list: https://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/content/tcoperations/issuestracking.htm

[18:53] Svante: "Closed - An issue that has either been rejected or resolved and incorporated into a Committee-approved work product. "

[18:53] Svante: Would be closed as soon as in a Committee Specification.

[18:53] Svante: The review has to be added to the editor spreadsheet - not yet in a JIRA field..

[18:55] Svante: Francis: There are four columns in the spreadsheet!

[18:55] Svante: 9. Presenter: Svante
Future of "ODF Fix Version/s. (aka target)" - ODF Next
Shall we drop the target ODF-Next in favor to a specific version number (even if we rename the label afterwards - we might want to test to change ODF-Next to ODF 1.6)

[18:55] Svante: and very similar the following agenda item #10

[18:55] Svante: 10. Presenter: Svante
Future of "ODF Fix Version/s. (aka target)" - ODF-Later
Shall we drop in the future ODF-Later in favor of the status DEFERRED?

[18:55] Regina Henschel: Fix version "ODF-Later" has currently now useful meaning. It is even used for issues with status "New".

[18:57] Regina Henschel: We agree to not use "ODF-Later" any longer.

[18:57] Regina Henschel: We agree to correct the FixVersion field, whenever we touch an issue again, that has an "ODF-Later" set, but do not make a bulk change.

[19:01] Francis Cave: I propose to remove 'ODF-Later' from JIRA issues that are 'CLOSED' or 'DEFERRED'.

[19:06] Svante: Alfred: No version label until we have resolved it!

[19:06] Svante: We are running out of time and will continue with this topic next year!

[19:06] Svante: Next call is on the 8th of January.