office message

Subject: Notes from 22 January 2024 Open Office TC Teleconference

Greetings!

These are the rough notes from the chat room, for the Open Office TC Teleconference, 22 January 2024.

I am in the process of fashioning better edited Notes to serve as our minutes.

An draft agenda for next Monday will appear soon.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Patrick

PS: Next week I will have the time stamp displayed in my chat window.

PPS: I have heard the great migration is still pending.

Please change your name from 'anonymous' using the Settings button
anonymous morphed into Patrick
Patrick: 1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights
2. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 08 January 2024
3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda
4. Editor's work review: Update on ODF 1.4 editing progress sheet (Presenter: Francis and/or Patrick)
5. Holidays for 2024 [Presenter: Patrick]
6. OFFICE-4153 - ODF password-based package encryption enhancements (Presenter: Michael) 7. OFFICE-4090: style:use-window-font-color missing a definition of "window foreground color" (Presenter: Svante & Michael) 8. OFFICE-4141: style:script-type has redundant paragraph (Presenter: Svante or Regina)
9. OFFICE-4124: 'clear' attribute for line breaks (Presenter: Regina)
10. OFFICE-3926: Use of attribute style:list-style-name in connection with pure <text:h> element is unclear (Presenter: Svante)
Alfred Hellstern: No, I'm here. Trouble with Headphones
Patrick: I got you Alfred.
Patrick: Quorum!
Patrick: 2. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 08 January 2024 - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202401/msg00012.html
Patrick: approved by consent
Patrick: 3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda
Svante Schubert: I might give a short update on :https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2093
Patrick: New #10. :https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2093
Patrick: 4. Editor's work review: Update on ODF 1.4 editing progress sheet (Presenter: Francis and/or Patrick)
10. Update: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2093 (Presenter: Svante) Deferred to next time: OFFICE-3926: Use of attribute style:list-style-name in connection with pure <text:h> element is unclear (Presenter: Svante)
Patrick: approved by consent
Patrick: 4. Editor's work review: Update on ODF 1.4 editing progress sheet (Presenter: Francis and/or Patrick)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J4TDjF7T62oN9Afhz1OTA6ePOFcCGlgjBF9L2xdF47o
and status our working draft to OASIS

- Reminder to Patrick - use of A4 by other OASIS TCs?
Patrick: Francis - no changes to the progress sheet in the past two weeks. Office-4109 description has changed, link to spreadsheet on Google Drive.
Patrick: Patrick - A4 was DocBook, no other use by TCs
Patrick: January

February

19 - President's Day (US)

26 - Carnival Day (EU)

April

15 - Tax Day (US)

May

27th - Memorial Day (US)

September

2nd - Labor Day (US)

December

23rd - day before Christmas Eve (US)

30th - day before New Years Eve (US)
Svante Schubert: 5. Holidays for 2024 [Presenter: Patrick]
Svante Schubert: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202401/msg00018.html
Regina Henschel: 1.Apr Easter Monday, 20.May Whit Monday
Francis Cave: 6 May is public holiday in UK.
Francis Cave: 26 August is a public holiday in UK.
Patrick: 27 of May - Bank Holiday in England
Michael Stahl: "26 - Carnival Day (EU)" - no idea what that is
Svante Schubert: https://www.ferienwiki.de/feiertage/2024/de
Patrick: Countries please send Patrick list of national holidays for next time. Patrick: 6. OFFICE-4153 - ODF password-based package encryption enhancements (Presenter: Michael)

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4153
Patrick: Alfred says there is a response from MS experts - Michael says it is already an experimental feature in latest LO - 24.2 Svante Schubert: The above suggestion was already implemented as experimental feature in LibreOffice 24.2Â (must be enable via options experimental )
Alfred Hellstern: https://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/
Patrick: Issue opened, see development version of LO
Patrick: Francis updated to not have a fix version
Patrick: 7. OFFICE-4090: style:use-window-font-color missing a definition of "window foreground color" (Presenter: Svante & Michael)
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4090
https://oasis-tcs.github.io/odf-tc/odf1.4/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.4-part3-schema.html#property-style_use-window-font-color
https://libreofficemaster.blogspot.com/2022/03/libreoffice-dark-mode-on-windows.html
Shall we accept this issue and mark it open? What might be a proposal?
Svante Schubert: Regina: The attribute name "style:use-window-font-color" is misleading
Svante Schubert: Regina: It is more automatic coloring
Svante Schubert: Regina: The naming might come from very early start, when OS has Windows font and background color (no dark mode existed) Svante Schubert: Regina: Consumer to be able to get a good background/foreground usability/accessibility Svante Schubert: Regina: Purpose of this attribute is to set the color automatically Regina Henschel: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.2 https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG22 Svante Schubert: Regina: Color with this attribute is set dynamic dependent on the device and visual mode (e.g. dark mode) Svante Schubert: Regina: But printing get still white background and black text Regina Henschel: true: Consumers chose the color so that the foreground-background constrast ratio complies with accessibility guidelines to ensure the readability of the text. Regina Henschel: true: Consumers chose the color so that the font color -background color constrast ratio complies with accessibility guidelines to ensure the readability of the text.
Francis Cave: chose -> choose; constrast -> contrast
Patrick: Patrick - edit the minutes to correct spelling
Svante Schubert: Please mention the dark mode!
Patrick: Put Office-4090 on agenda for next week - open
Patrick: Remove next version
Patrick: 8. OFFICE-4141: style:script-type has redundant paragraph (Presenter: Svante or Regina) We already agreed on this editorial issue and it is also added by myself to our GitHub, but the issue has not the resolution "RESOLVED"!
Do we agree on the proposal and switch the resolution to "RESOLVED"?
Francis Cave: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J4TDjF7T62oN9Afhz1OTA6ePOFcCGlgjBF9L2xdF47o/edit#gid=0
Patrick: Take up next next week.
Patrick: Alfred - ODF 1.4 - Francis further editorial work - put on agenda for next week.
Patrick: adjourned