office message

Subject: Rough notes - 29 January 2023

Greetings,

Just the rough cut on notes for 29 January 2023.

Still caught in the following meeting.

My rough chat capture for now.

Patrick

***************************************

[11:58]ÂPatrick: 1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights
2. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 22 January 2024 -
3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda
4. Editor's work review: Update on ODF 1.4 editing progress sheet
5. Holiday list for 2024 (new)
6. OFFICE-4153 - ODF password-based package encryption enhancements (Presenter: Michael)
7. OFFICE-4109: How shall we proceed with the existing issue for default values
8. OFFICE-4090: style:use-window-font-color missing a definition of "window foreground color" (Presenter: Svante & Michael)
9. OFFICE-4141: style:script-type has redundant paragraph (Presenter: Svante or Regina)
10. OFFICE-4124: 'clear' attribute for line breaks (Presenter: Regina)
11. OFFICE-3926: Use of attribute style:list-style-name in connection with pure <text:h> element is unclear (Presenter: Svante)
12. OFFICE-2093: Update: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2093 (Presenter: Svante)
13. OFFICE-3926: Use of attribute style:list-style-name in connection with pure <text:h> element is unclear (Presenter: Svante)
14. Adjournment
[12:01]ÂPatrick: 1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights - we have quorum - 5 out of 6
[12:02]ÂPatrick: 2. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 22 January 2024 -
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202401/msg00032.html
[12:02]ÂPatrick: approved by consent
[12:03]ÂPatrick: Delete #13 - duplicate - copy-paste error
[12:04]ÂPatrick: 3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda with deletion of #13 - approved
[12:04]ÂPatrick: 4. Editor's work review: Update on ODF 1.4 editing progress sheet (Presenter: Francis and/or Patrick)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J4TDjF7T62oN9Afhz1OTA6ePOFcCGlgjBF9L2xdF47o
and status our working draft to OASIS (FYI: Content is frozen but ODF 1.4 will appear in A4 format for its next formal release.)
[12:07]ÂPatrick: Francis - Started to address Github #27 issues - looking at part 3 - character styles - space and cross-reference - styled incorrectly as element - pushed to Github -
[12:09]ÂPatrick: Going A4 for ODF 1.4 - Oasis approves
[12:10]ÂPatrick: 5. Holiday list:

February 19 (Presidents Day)

April 1 (Easter Monday)

May 6 (Early May Bank Holiday)

May 20 (Whit Monday)

May 27 (Memorial Day) (Spring Bank Holiday)

August 26 (Summer Bank Holiday in England and Wales)

September 2 (Labor Day)

October 14 (Columbus Day)

November 11 (Veterans Day)
[12:12]ÂSvante Schubert: Do we need a traveling day after Thanksgiving weekend?
[12:13]ÂPatrick: Michael - add Dec. 23 and 30th to the list?
[12:13]ÂSvante Schubert: I second that!
[12:13]ÂPatrick: Mondays before Christmas and New Years
[12:14]ÂPatrick: With addition of Dec. 23rd and Dec. 30th, list approved subject to amendment
[12:14]ÂSvante Schubert: We are going to ask Alfred next meeting about the Thanksgiving weekend!
[12:14]ÂPatrick: 6. OFFICE-4153 - ODF password-based package encryption enhancements (Presenter: Michael)
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4153 - Microsoft has offered expert assistance on this issue and we need to schedule this issue for one or more of our meetings to make the best use of their time.
[12:19]ÂPatrick: Offer 12th or 26th and queue up other issues in case it doesn't take an hour. -
[12:19]ÂPatrick: 7. OFFICE-4109: How shall we proceed with the existing issue for default values (Presenter: Svante)
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4109
https://issues.oasis-open.org/secure/attachment/11747/ODF%201.3%20optional%20attributes%20described%20in%20chapter%2019%20but%20with%20no%20default%20value.ods
Next steps, definition of done?
[12:20]ÂSvante Schubert: Some attributes only come into existent on special occasions - like if the attribute value represents the repetition of its element,
@table:number-rows-repeated
[12:21]ÂSvante Schubert: Some attribute must have a default, like styles when the document is being created - currently given by the implementation.
We might want to provide a default style set - like ODF styling set.
This is helpful for collaboration where you do not have to define the style set being used across multiple applications.
[12:23]ÂPatrick: Regina - chapter 19 problem - no problem to write default styles into document - but different problem from default in attributes
[12:24]ÂPatrick: Regina - look at list of attributes - is there a list of the attributes with no default? Where is it?
[12:25]ÂPatrick: Francis - in 4109 in the comments - there is a list - full spreadsheet on Google Drive -
[12:31]ÂPatrick: Francis - all members should be able to edit the attribute spreadsheet - do some of them need to move to the Jira issue? If we reach consensus - move to JIRA.
[12:41]ÂFrancis Cave: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ERQJPWjuCk49Qssw8uwbHKhe3zSOmDZWUC730GwHqs4/edit#gid=0
[12:42]ÂSvante Schubert: And we could refer to the latest HTML of ODF 1.4 draft: https://oasis-tcs.github.io/odf-tc/odf1.4/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.4-part3-schema.html#attribute-db_as-template
[12:43]ÂPatrick: Francis - postpone until after the encryption discussion
[12:47]ÂSvante Schubert: There are more links in the online sheet than in the ODS to be downloaded.
[12:47]ÂSvante Schubert: ^links^comments
[12:48]ÂPatrick: Omitted under 4 - Editor's - produce by end of February
[12:48]ÂPatrick: 8. OFFICE-4090: style:use-window-font-color missing a definition of "window foreground color" (Presenter: Svante & Michael)
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4090
https://oasis-tcs.github.io/odf-tc/odf1.4/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.4-part3-schema.html#property-style_use-window-font-color
https://libreofficemaster.blogspot.com/2022/03/libreoffice-dark-mode-on-windows.htmls
Opened last week - discussion?
[12:49]ÂSvante Schubert: Regina added a note to the issue:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4090?focusedCommentId=84099&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-84099
[12:49]ÂSvante Schubert: Regina suggests:
Note: In many applications, the user can choose between a "dark mode" and a "light mode". The "dark mode" affects not only toolbars, but also the document background. The value true of the attribute style:use-window-font-color allows applications to automatically adjust the font color so that the text is easy to read in any mode.
[12:50]ÂMichael Stahl: Regina also proposed:  true: Consumers choose the color so that the font color -background color contrast ratio complies with accessibility guidelines to ensure the readability of the text.
[12:52]ÂSvante Schubert: https://oasis-tcs.github.io/odf-tc/odf1.4/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.4-part3-schema.html#property-style_use-window-font-color
[13:00]ÂFrancis Cave: Note: In many applications, the user can choose between a "dark mode" and a "light mode". The "dark mode" affects not only toolbars, but also the document background. The value true of the attribute style:use-window-font-color allows applications to automatically adjust the foreground (i.e. font) color so that the text is easy to read in any mode.
[13:03]ÂMichael Stahl: in Gnome Settings, Appearance, there is Style, with options "Default" and "Dark"
[13:04]ÂPatrick: Regina - need a new description and a new note - Regina to come up with a draft
[13:05]ÂPatrick: Meeting Adjourned