provision message

Subject: Interop is confirmed for Wednesday July 9th 2003

Folks

Burton has confirmed their intent to host an SPML provisioning interop event at Catalyst 2003 - the evening of Wednesday 9th July – opening night!  Burton expects SPML to be well referenced throughout the conference proceedings and I believe we can expect good press coverage both before and during the event.  This represents an excellent opportunity for us to promote the standard to the general public, our technology peers and to the large number of other standards groups that could/should/will make good use of our efforts.

We made a start to the interop planning process at the last face-2-face.  We need to re-start this process.  Possibly the first item of business is to agree a date for the pre-interop glue party.  I would like to take this opportunity to formally offer our facilities here in Austin as a possible venue.  Many of you should have received notice of an OASIS ballot to select a date for the “party” (available at [1]).  If you can not “see” this ballot and you intend to participate in the interop let me know and I’ll sort it out.

For those that have not yet “signed-up” to participate, don’t be conspicuous by your absence.  Get involved in the interop planning and execution.  I personally am committed to making this a success for ALL those that have contribute to this effort or otherwise wish to show support for the standard.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/provision/ballots.php

Darran Rolls                      http://www.waveset.com

Waveset Technologies Inc          drolls@waveset.com

512) 657 8360