provision message

Subject: RE: Comment on the Core 08 spec...

I am copying the below correspondence between JeffB and myself to the
list so it may be referenced as changes to the next draft.

See below:

Darran Rolls                      http://www.waveset.com
Waveset Technologies Inc          drolls@waveset.com
512) 657 8360

[DJR] Jeff - how specifically does this shows itself?

> We should stop using the term "Schema Schema". It feels too much like
> the Catch-22 character Major Major Major Major. A perferable term
> should be "Provisioning Schema".

[DJR] Agreed.  Unless anyone has pain with this I will change this in
draft 09.

> Globally you need to remove the :core, :schema, and :req name
> qualifiers form all SPML urns.
>
> In 5.2 SPML is spelled SPMLL
>
> In 5.3 you refer to an :operation namespace in the URN. There is no
> such namespace.
>
> In 7.1 you refer to "name=value pairs" (this is used elsewhere to). I
> would prefer "name=(multi)value pairs", since an attribute could have
> multiple values if defined that way.
>
> In 7.3.1 we say the add request create a new instance of a service.
> This is not a good description because the add request could be
> creating any number of things (e.g. a new group). It would be better
> to say that the add request creates a new instance of an object as
> defined by its object classes.
>
> In 7.3.2, same comment about service instances.
>
> In 7.3.3, same comment about service instances.
>
> In 7.3.4, same comment about service instances.
>
> In 7.6 instead of "Service Schema" I would use the term "Provisioning
> Schema".
>
> In 7.6 in the example the object class would not be ":standard".
> Rather it would be an object class in the "standard" schema, such as
> ":standard:person".

[DJR] Above all included in 09 draft.