regrep message

Subject: Regrep 29 Oct call minutes

OASIS Regrep TC Conference Call
Friday 29 October 1999
Agenda

 - discuss agenda, new items
 - news from XML.org Steering Committee conf call, if any
 - reminder of next face-to-face
 - THTTP
 - critique revamped document set (due out the previous Friday)
 - new items
 - adjourn

Joe Alfonso, Sun
David Connelly, OAG
Steve Hulbert, Space Telescope Science Institute
Norbert Mikula, Datachannel
Ernest Nishiseki, Dun & Bradstreet
Ron Schuldt, UDEF
Bruce Walker, Sun
Terry Allen, Commerce One

Terry reviewed items on the agenda; XML.org is making progress in
finding staff to oversee procurement of software to run a repository
and separately in inquiring about licensing Dewey.  Ron Daniel has
suggested tightening up the language about conformance to section
6 of 11179 and adding justification for use of URNs (perhaps some
places we could use UUIDs, but clearly for schemas we want URNs).

The next face to face, at the Santa Clara Convention Center somewhere,
is R-F 11-12 Nov, half day on the second day.  We'll start both days at 9 AM,
and on F we'll have the next conference call, at 9 AM Pacific this time.

Preliminary agenda for F2F:

 - review DTDs in detail
 - review revised THTTP
 - examine the implications of the registry interface for the work
	we've done so far
 - work out or review how to do a full (including compound) data element
	description in the 11179 DTD

Joe asked about the sets of semantics now to be found in .ent entities; Terry
answers that they're placeholders to be reviewed, some of them, such as the list
of literary genres, made up.  If anyone knows of a taxonomy of genres, sing out.

regards, Terry

Terry Allen
Advanced Technology Group
Commerce One, Inc.