regrep message

Subject: [regrep] Support for "urn" attribute in RegistryEntry

Regisrty TC,

Referenced below is a discussion paper I sent some time ago to the "query"
team as we were discussing how to use the "id" attribute of RegistryEntry
and other ebRIM classes.

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep-query/200109/msg00062.html

It is the outline of a proposal to add a new "urn" attribute to the ebRIM
RegistryEntry class. I don't care if the attribute name is "urn" or
something else, but I think it is very important that we have a
globally-unique, human-friendly way to reference the "repository item" that
is described by a RegistryEntry instance.

I'm referencing it again here to ensure that it gets on the Agenda for our
upcoming F2F meeting, Oct 31 - Nov 2.

-- Len

Len Gallagher                             LGallagher@nist.gov
NIST                                      Work: 301-975-3251
Bldg 820  Room 562                        Home: 301-424-1928
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8970 USA           Fax: 301-948-6213