regrep message

Subject: RE: [regrep] Shorter URNs proposal

<Farrukh>

I propose that the following URN prefix:

    urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-regrep

should be shortened to:

    urn:oasis:regrep

</Farrukh>

I don't see how could we arbitrarily make-up URNs that are under "oasis"
Namespace ID and that don't conform to RFC 3121
(http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3121.txt).

Note: Hope Karl can provide us with some comments here.

<Farrukh>

I further propose that we remove the spec component of the URN (rim or
rs).

If we agree with my proposal the locator URN changes as follows...

Old:  urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-regrep:3.0:rim:RegistryObject:locator
New: urn:oasis:regrep:RegistryObject:locator

Notice the space savings is 25 MB for a million objects.

</Farrukh>

Maybe we should revisit a need for full URNs in places like slot names
as in the example above? Or, perhaps we should look at some other URN
options?

Regards,
Nikola