sdd message

Subject: Action item on disagreement over requirement 2.1.7.2

Hi Christine,

I've been deputized to address your disagreement with requirement 2.1.7.2.  Julia says your objection is summed up with the statement  “Self-tests are outside of the scope of install. They should be deployed as part of normal content. This may be a requirement for another stds org.”

I agree that specific self-tests are outside the scope - my agreement with this requirement was based on the understanding that it doesn't call for the SDD to declare specific self-tests.  Rather, I can envision a "Verify" lifecycle operation whose "payload" are the self-tests - opaque to the SDD - that would determine if the solution was correctly configured.  Does this opacity make you feel any better about this requirement?

Thanks,
Josh