sdd message

Subject: Amendment to Primer Approval Ballot

SDD TC,

Per advice from the OASIS TC Administrator, Mary McRae, I have amended our Primer Approval ballot. The amendment is intended to be technical, not substantive.

Mary advises that expository documents should be approved as Committee Drafts. My previous understanding was that expository documents didn't have this status, so I used "Approved Document" status in the ballot.

Also, because this is a CD ballot, I added the note that it requires a Full Majority (majority of ALL TC voting members, currently at least 9 of 16) to pass.

The intent and result should be the same: the ballot is to obtain TC approval to publish the expository Primer document. For those who have already cast votes, should this make a difference in your vote, you can change your vote, but I hope that isn't necessary.

Everyone else, please review the Primer and cast your votes. Ballot closes Feb. 4.

Again, this is not a substantive change to the ballot. If you have questions, let me know.

Thanks.

Regards,
Brent

Brent A. Miller
Senior Technical Staff Member
Lead Architect, Autonomic Computing
IBM Corp.
Tel. 919-543-6959 (TIE 441)

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
-- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut