sdo message

Subject: ISSUE 22: Java Annotations and SDO Metadata

Title: ISSUE 22: Java Annotations and SDO Metadata

Hi Everyone,

For everyone that wasn't on Tuesday's call, we had an interesting discussion about the possibility to reuse JAXB annotations as a source of SDO metadata.  Blaise (who is also a member of the JAXB EG) and I agreed that JAXB could be a potential source of XML specific data (though this should be left as a vendor extention), but we in any case need to define our own set of annotations.

I took an action item to refresh SAP's old proposal in this area.  Here's a draft.  Basically a rewrite of chapter 5 in the 2.1 spec, it is intended for the Java-spec SDO 3.0 spec (that is, this is not core functionality).

<<sd030_annotations.doc>>

Best Regards,
Ron

sd030_annotations.doc