search-ws message

Subject: [Issue] Encode operation in URL not URL option

The current spec encodes operations as  URL parameters.

It seems more RESTful to:

    * Avoid using URL options whenever information can be endcoded in
      URL (operation=)
    * Avoid using verbs when we can use nouns (replace scan with terms)

Here are some current examples and proposed changes

Current:
http://z3950.loc.gov:7090/voyager?version=1.1&operation=searchRetrieve&query=dinosaur&maximumRecords=1&recordSchema=dc

Suggested:
http://z3950.loc.gov:7090/voyager/search?version=1.1&query=dinosaur&maximumRecords=1&recordSchema=dc

Current:
http://myserver.com/sru?operation=scan&version=1.2&scanClause=dc.title=frog&responsePosition=1&maximumTerms=25

Suggested:
http://myserver.com/sru/terms?version=1.2&scanClause=dc.title=frog&responsePosition=1&maximumTerms=25

Even better, we should consider if we can eliminate the Scan operation
all together and replace it with a canonical query whose result is the
result of the scan operation. The idea is to reuse a few good primitives
and not bloat the protocol.

Thanks.

--
Regards,