security-services message

Subject: RE: [security-services] TLS & SSL ciphersuite language

I think we should look to the future instead of the past. I suggest AES as
the mandatory to implement symmetric algorithm. Specifically:

TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA

This is described here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-ciphersuite-05.txt

I believe that the IETF Security Working Group has stated the intent to move
to AES as quickly as possible.

Considering that performance is the most commonly cited reason for NOT USING
ENCRYPTION AT ALL, why not move to an algorithm that is six times as fast as
3DES?

Hal