security-services message

Subject: X.500/LDAP attribute profile status

I've uploaded a post-CD01 working draft for consideration as CD-02.

Mark Wahl's public comments and my responses can be viewed in the comments
archive here:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services-comment/200702/thread
s.html

The "non-string-encoding" comment is a replay of a comment that led to SAML
2.0 errata that was erroneously omitted from the new profile. I reapplied
that errata, and Mark was satisfied with that wording.

The other comment on attribute options was more significant and hasn't been
raised before. It needs review and discussion unless my proposed draft is
satisfactory. Pending TC discussion, I chose his first option of three,
which was to explicitly rule them out of scope of this profile, effectively
ignoring them.

His other options amount to either letting them influence the profile, or
saying in effect that attribute types that include them wouldn't be covered
by this profile. I would be ok with the first one if people think they're
important. Since I've never heard of them before, I assumed they were fairly
esoteric, but then I'm not much for LDAP, so my (lack of) familiarity
probably doesn't mean much.

Sorry for not raising all this in time for last week's call, I wasn't aware
the review period had ended so hadn't prepared the doc for discussion.

-- Scott