soa-rm message

Subject: Re: [soa-rm] RE: Definition of Reference Model (Was RE: [soa-rm]Definition of "Service Consumer")

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

>What I think some of us may be grappling with is what you mean by "100%
>convinced", and the bearing of "percentage convinced" on our RM.

Let me paraphrase it this way.
Q: Is the presence of security necessary in order to define SOA?
A: I am not sure and I am not sure if anyone else is 100% sure at this
point.  To me, 100% sure means I would be willing to make a statement
that I believed to be true.  I am not prepared to say that it is not
necessary or that it is necessary at this point.  The conversations we
are having are moving this forward a lot.  Especially in the last two days.

Q: Is Security a core element of all SOA's?