tab-askthetab message

Subject: RE: [tab-askthetab] First Cut on Profiles

While I don't think OASIS has a formal definition (it doesn't really have many formal definitions), the conformance guidelines[1]
talks about levels/extensions, and relaxation (sub-set) relationships between different conformance clauses. IMHO a  profile is a
relationship to another conformance clause that may use a mixture of extension and relaxation i.e. not all things that call
themselves profiles are strict subs-sets - ws-i is an example here.

Martin.

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/ConformanceGuidelines.html