ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: EU Directive towards giving EU public procurement a new Standard for e-invoices

Of course, I always did hope that one day UBL TC might produce an
Invoice with just the 'core' in and nothing else - 'CoreInvoice' or
the like. The subset concept was always a concessionary second-best in
my own mind but I felt it was the only thing likely to get traction
other than just going with the flow and allowing invoices to be huge
and all-encompassing. If there were a CoreInvoice document defined by
the TC along the lines of the EU core it would be great (once
standardised) for the EU acceptable syntax list - albeit that's a
risky thing to say - there's no guarantee of any kind it would ever be
accepted onto such a list, I guess. Wouldn't it solve a lot of
problems though. Doesn't solve the problem of taxes being different
around the world for outside of EU though. Maybe a concession towards
a more 'universal' document appropriate to UBL would be to add the
extra tax entities such as are now in UBL 2.x, but little if anything
more than that I would hope.
----

Stephen D Green

----
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul,
and with all your strength, and with all your mind.