ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 30 June 2004

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
15H00 - 17H00 UTC WEDNESDAY 30 JUNE 2004

ATTENDANCE

   Oriol Bausą
   Jon Bosak
   Sally Chan
   Tony Coates
   Michael Dill
   Jessica Glace
   Anne Hendry
   Lisa Seaburg
   Paul Thorpe
   Sylvia Webb

   Regrets: Mavis Cournane, Mark Crawford, Mike Grimley, Eduardo
   Gutentag, G. Ken Holman

STANDING ITEMS

{Standing_Agenda:6}  Calendar review

   JG: OTA conference 21 September in Chicago; will check with
   organizers to see whether she can present on UBL.

{Standing_Agenda:7}  Event reports

   None this week.

{Standing_Agenda:9}  Phone schedule

   JB: It's done and online at this persistent URL:

      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/phones.xls

   Please check this matrix before setting up phone conferences
   and notify JB whenever you make an addition or change to the
   schedule.

{Standing_Agenda:14} MarkC: ATG meeting in Walldorf
                     (also {UBL11:9} CCTS schemas)

   MarkC not on this call; carry forward.

{Standing_Agenda:20} HISC: discuss UN eDocs 20040617
                     Appoint a liaison to UN eDocs?

   GKH and FA not on this call; carry forward.

SUBCOMMITTEES AND WORK TEAMS

{Teamwork:3} HISC

   GKH and FA not on the call, so no report this week.

{Teamwork:4} SSC

   SW: Pacific call was brief; the SC has decided to try to get
   info from groups working on UBL implementations.

PRIORITY ITEMS FOR THIS MEETING

{Documents:2} NDR Specification -- Editorial
              MarkC: draft due to TC by 20040628

   MarkC not on this call; carry forward.

{Documents:6} Code list specification -- Design: code list extension
              TC and MB: Meet offline and report back 20040630

   TC: Have not yet contacted Marty; carry forward to next week.

{Schema_Gen:9} Schema generation tools -- Binding the process
                  to EDIFIX
               SW: Have date for delivery of this paper to JB by 20040625

   SW: Posted a note clarifying MD's previous emails and
   explaining in detail what we are talking about; we are not
   suggesting a master repository that does away with
   spreadsheets, so a position paper would not be productive at
   this time.  We need to allow everyone time to read the email
   and determine the next step.

   JB: Will put this on the agenda for discussion after 1.0.

{UBL10:3} Public comment log
          BM: log input from Gunther

   BM not on this call; carry forward.

{UBL10:5} Schema/spreadsheet alignment
          SP/MD/AH: Generate proposed solutions for the four main
             categories (and, if possible, the seven harder cases)
             via email copied to SG and TM.
          SG/TM: Review proposed solutions Monday and have
             recommendations to the TC for the obvious cases done
             by late Monday night London time if possible.

   Comments/recommendations were posted by SG and TM.  MD posted
   comments, too, but his spreadsheet attachment didn't come
   through in time for the meeting.  [AH joined the meeting at this
   point, but we forgot to go back and get an SSC report.]

{UBL10:6} Issues review
          TC review to begin 20040630.

   We discussed how best to proceed with AH's issues list:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200406/msg00126.html

   In the end, we decided to just work down from the top and
   invent a procedure as we progressed.  We managed to get
   entirely through Chee-Kai's comments of 25 May.  AH had not yet
   caught up with latest input from MD and TM, but we discussed it
   as we moved down the list.  AH added their responses to C-K's
   comments in Column H, "Suggested Fix," and logged our
   disposition of each item in a new Column I, "Atlantic TC 30
   June."  It's our plan to discuss each item in the Pacific TC
   call 1 July and record the opinion of the people assembled for
   that call in a column to be headed "Pacific TC 1 July."  If the
   two groups agree on a particular item, then we can move that
   item from the current list and into a list of resolved issues.

   After the meeting, AH posted her revised list to

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200406/msg00133.html

   "Agree" in Column I means that the participants on the Atlantic
   call agreed with the suggested fix.  "Comment ID" in Column A
   refers to the organization of these comments in AH's file
   system.  Please use these labels (not the spreadsheet line
   numbers) in comments.  It is our hope that we can use this
   approach to quickly resolve the less difficult issues and then
   figure out what to do with the rest.  See note below regarding
   next week's meeting.

   JB: Will take a look at issues list following Pacific call and
   see if he can make a first cut at distinguishing between 1.0
   issues and 1.1 issues so that MD et al. can focus on 1.0 work.
   The idea is to rely on pushback in email to identify the
   categorizations that need discussion.

{UBL10:11} IP notice
           JB: Send notice to TC

   Still pending.

WORK LIST ADDITIONS

   No new items this week.

OTHER BUSINESS

   The Atlantic TC call 7 July will be lacking JB, AH, EG (all on
   summer break), MD (hosting an ad hoc TBG meeting in Berlin on
   CCTS clarification), and SP (participating in that meeting).
   So we can't really make progress on the issues list (except for
   further comments in email, of course) till 14 July.  The
   question is, does in make sense for the other Atlantic
   participants to discuss other work items?  An obvious candidate
   for discussion would be the NDR draft originally promised for
   28 June.  We need to decide this in email.