ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] IIDs and IDIDs

OK gang, here's how it is.

 - We decided a long time ago that the strings that should appear
   in UBL names are UUID and URI -- not UUIDID and URIID.

 - Section 4 of the UBL 2.0 specification normatively mandates and
   defines the terms UUID and URI as standard abbreviations within
   UBL.

 - The UBL Naming and Design Rules checklist says:

      [GNR6] The acronyms and abbreviations listed in the
      UBL-approved list MUST always be used in place of the word
      or phrase they represent.

 - The "UBL-approved list" referenced in GNR6 is the list given in
   Section 4 of the UBL 2.0 specification.  This is our list of
   UBL-approved abbreviations.  There is no other list of
   UBL-approved abbreviations.

 - The strings that appear in schemas should therefore be UUID and
   URI, not UUIDID and URIID.

 - The form that should be used for the DENs of information items
   relating to UUIDs and URIs is a matter for CCTS experts to
   decide.  But the form that should be used in UBL names is not
   in question.

Questions that are in order at this point:

 - Are the DENs used for items relating to UUIDs and URIs formed
   correctly?

 - If not, what is their proper form?  For we shall use this form
   when revising the spreadsheets.

Questions that are not in order at this point:

 - What is the form that "UUID" should take in the UBL 2.0
   schemas?  (Answer: the form that is specified in UBL 2.0,
   namely, "UUID".)

 - What is the form that "URI" should take in the UBL 2.0 schemas?
   (Answer: the form that is specified in UBL 2.0, namely, "URI".)

Jon