ubl message

Subject: MIME type code list and code list meta data

At 2006-09-07 21:38 -0400, I wrote:
>I note that the use of @currencyID has only one piece of meta data...
>Regarding units of measure, I note that
>MeasureType has an @unitCode with one piece of
>metadata: @unitCodeListVersionID, which I can get from <Version>.
>
>Interestingly (because it is different)
>QuantityType has an @unitCode with three pieces
>of metadata: @unitCodeListID,
>@unitCodeListAgencyID and
>@unitCodeListAgencyName, which I can get from
>LongName[@Identifier='listID'],
>Agency/Identifier, and Agency/LongName respectively.

I just realized that mimeCode is another
attribute that is based on a CEFACT code list and
it doesn't have any meta data attributes at all
... yet another difference in the treatment of attributes based on code lists.

This leads me to my earlier question of meta data for the genericode file:

At 2006-09-07 20:25 -0400, I wrote:
>... I do not have any meta data for the two other CEFACT code lists:
>
>   BinaryObjectMimeCode
>   LanguageCode
>
>Neither of the above existed in UBL 1 and there
>has been no meta data in the files since their introduction.
>
>The comments at the top of the XSD files have
>XSD file meta data, not list meta data:
>
><!--
>====================================================================== -->
><!-- =====  Language Code Content Codelist Schema Module ===== -->
><!--
>====================================================================== -->
><!--
>         Module of               Language Code Content Codelist
>         Agency:                 UN/CEFACT
>         Version:                1.1
>         Last change:    14 January 2005
>
><!--
>====================================================================== -->
><!-- ===== Mime Media Type Codelist Schema Module  ===== -->
><!--
>====================================================================== -->
><!--
>         Module of               Mime Media Type Codelist
>         Agency:                 UN/CEFACT
>         Version:                1.1
>         Last change:    14 January 2005
>
>Can someone supply code list meta data for both
>of these lists, please?  From where are the
>enumerations in the XSD files extracted?

Even though it cannot be tested (because there
are no meta data attributes for mimeCode) I think
it is still important to have meta data in the
genericode file describing the set of codes found in the file.

Thanks!

--
UBL/XML/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Vårø, Denmark 2006-10-02/06,11-20/24
UBL International 2006  2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com