ubl message

Subject: Procedure: Requesting approval of UBL 2.0

Hello UBL TC,

In the ballot completed yesterday, UBL 2.0 achieved overwhelming
approval from the OASIS member organizations, passing by a vote of
120 to 1.  (For the curious, I note that UBL 1.0 passed two years
ago by a vote of 121 to 2.)

Because a negative vote was recorded, however, we will need, as we
did last time, to formally request OASIS to continue with UBL 2.0
standardization.

As no comment was received explaining the single negative vote, I
feel confident that our voting members will agree to move the
specification forward, so I am submitting this to a vote by common
consent.

If you agree that we should request OASIS to proceed with UBL 2.0
standardization, do nothing.

If you are a voting member of the UBL TC and you do not agree that
we should request OASIS to proceed with UBL 2.0 standardization,
please reply with an objection to this list no later than COB
Friday 8 December 2006.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC