ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 2|3 June 2008

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
TUESDAY 3 JUNE 2008

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Tim McGrath (vice chair)
   Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ubl.xml.org/events

      ACTION (5/27): JB to add UN/CEFACT meeting schedule.

         JB: In process; about 2/3 done.

   Review of Atlantic call

      TM: Regarding the continuing misinterpretation of our intent
      in forming the Financial Requirements task group: we should
      revise the charter to add "in alignment with UN/CEFACT
      deliverables."

      AGREED that JB will revise and republish.

      No other comments.

ADOPTION SC / UBL FOCUS AREA

   TM: A UC Berkeley student, Jim Miller, will be working on the
   ubl.xml.org site over the summer, preparing a Q&A and
   performing some of the updates.

LOCALIZATION SUBCOMMITTEES

   JB: The L10N list has been reactivated for IDD coordination.
   Chairs of JPLSC, ITLSC, ESLSC have responded; have yet to hear
   anything regarding the Slovak translation.  New LSCs for German
   and Bosnian are forming.  Work will resume on this when I
   return from vacation next week.

UBL DOCUMENTS FOR COLLABORATIVE PLANNING, FORECASTING, AND
REPLENISHMENT

   JB: We have received a proposal from iSURF to add nine new
   document types for CPFR.

   TM: This is a project funded under the EC Framework 7
   initiative.

   AGREED to pass on this request to the PSC with the proviso that
   they identify and align with any related UN/CEFACT work items.

UBL WORK SCHEDULE

   ACTION (1/8): JB to revise the work schedule spreadsheet.

      Pending.  We do not expect any major changes to the schedule
      published earlier.

CUSTOMIZATION GUIDELINES

   ACTION (5/20): TM to revise by second week of June.

   ACTION (3/5): JB to prepare copyright guidelines.

      JB: Have prepared a draft and will send to the list.

UBL 2.1 ISSUES LIST

   ACTION (12/18): TM to populate the new issues list with all
   currently known UBL 2.1 issues.

      Pending.

   TM: This has to include everything we want to change/add in UBL
   2.1.

2008 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

   4-8 August 2008 in Montréal

      Confirmed.  Hotel Europa, rue Drummond (the week prior to
      the Balisage conference in the same location).

      JB: Everyone thinking they might attend should book rooms
      ASAP.  You can always cancel later.

   19-23 January 2009 in Fremantle

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   Regular schedule.