ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Revised logos for discussion

The feedback is great!

Putting the annotations outside of the enclosed shape makes the logo difficult to use on any kind of background. I have used a very dark green background very successfully with the logo as it has been proposed because the annotations are on the white background provided by the globe. Not only might the background style render the annotations illegible, the association of the annotations with UBL is subject to whatever other information surrounds the logo.

What triggered this review is the need for a presenter in Germany to include the UBL logo on a page of a dozen other logos of other technologies. Another logo would likely appear adjacent above or below the UBL logo and so, I believe, the logo should be all-encompassed in some manner.

Boxing the annotated globes would achieve that, however.

The "UBL Ready" logo http://www.ublready.nl/ doesn't convey any information that distinguishes our "UBL" from other "UBL"s when out of context.

This is our opportunity to create something new we are all happy with ... suggestions welcome. The double-hemisphere continent outline has been (painstakingly) redrawn in its entirety to save space, per the discussion on Wednesday, so no longer is the argument of its file size a reason to discard it, but it can be discarded still if need be.