ubl message

Subject: Git repository for UBL code lists ready for use

Fellow UBL TC members,

Per my action item in the latest minutes, I have completed transferring my UBL code list harvesting environment to GitHub here:

 - https://github.com/oasis-tcs/ubl-codelists

Please contact OASIS TC Administration <tc-admin@oasis-open.org> to request to be a contributor to this repository.

I learned today that one of our sources of data for the code lists refuses GET requests from GitHub. I can run the process locally in my Mac terminal shell, but the GitHub action reports an HTTP 403 error return from the maintenance agency server. So I stopped debugging the GitHub action and removed it (old versions are available in old commits).

So after you clone the repository, you need to run the environment in a local shell and hopefully the maintenance agency won't refuse your request, as is true for me.

The code lists were not refreshed for UBL 2.4. We have the opportunity, now, to refresh them for UBL 2.5. The UBL 2.3 code list harvesting configuration file is included in the repository as a running example to follow when creating the UBL 2.5 file.

Remember these harvested genericode code lists are not normative. They exist only as examples of code lists that might be useful to some users of UBL. Typically, a UBL community establishes their own code lists.

Thanks!

--
Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @US$125 (5 hours free) |