ws-rx-comment message

Subject: RE: [ws-rx-comment] Comments on WS-RM CD04

Thank you for your comments. The TC divided them into PR issues as described below. I will let you know as each is resolved.

The PR issue list for the TC can be found here:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/pr/Issues.xml

Regards,
Marc Goodner

-----Original Message-----
From: YASHIRO, Sadao [mailto:sada@jp.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 10:03 PM
To: ws-rx-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ws-rx-comment] Comments on WS-RM CD04

Dear WS-RX TC members,
Here are my comments on WS-ReliableMessaging Committee Draft 04.

PR Issue 18
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/pr/Issues.xml#i018
---
1. Section 3.2 (P. 10)
This section describes piggy-back messages, but does not mention receivable
message combinations. So, which message combinations can be received could
be implementation-dependent.

I think it could indicate unavailable message combinations, such as:
- Combination of a Sequence message (user payload) and a Sequence Lifecycle
message (CrSq, ClSq, etc.)
- Combination of a SOAP Fault and other message.
---

PR Issue 19
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/pr/Issues.xml#i019
---
2. Section 3.8 (P. 19)
According to the specification, a receiver must return an Acknowledgement
when a message contains an AckRequested element, which requests an
Acknowledgement. However, it is not specified that a receiver must not
return an Acknowledgement when a message contains no AckRequested element.
So, I think the implementation should return an AckRequested element
whenever a user payload is received.
---

PR Issue 20
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/pr/Issues.xml#i020
---
3. No description on guaranteed message ordering and duplication
elimination.
Neither did the previous version. Did the TC determine to set them out of
scope?
---

Regards,
Sadao Yashiro