ws-rx message

Subject: Proposal for i054

Title: Proposal for i054

As indicated for the proposal for resolving i022 [1], we favor retaining InactivityTimeout and AcknowledgementInterval in the WS-RM Policy specification.

If we retain these two parameters, we think that the values that are specified in the policy document are applied to RMD only to resolve i054[2]. The attachment  of values apply to the endpoint/binding hence they should pertain to RMD.

Note that we acknowledge that RMS may also have an InactivityTimeout which may be internal to the RMS, but it is not specified in the policy document. As far as the Policy Attachment is concerned, we would like to see Inactivity Timeout (as well as Acknowledgement Interval) to apply to RMD configuration. This is basically a variation of proposal (1) in our original issue posting [2].

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200511/msg00021.html
[2] http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i054

--umit

Dr. Umit Yalcinalp