ws-rx message

Subject: Re: [ws-rx] Issue i058; Hitachi contribution for discussion with afocus on faults related to sequence management

Bob Freund-Hitachi wrote:

> This is a partial State table focused on Sequence management at RMS
> and RMD and based on our reading of the current committee draft.
>
> The states are divided according to the following concepts.
>

> The following faults make us imagine some states because of the usage
> of the past tense in the fault names.
>
> LastMessageNumberExceeded, SequenceClosed, SequenceTerminated
>

> The following faults express states where the highest last message
> number has been determined:
>
> MessageNumberRollover, LastMessageNumberExceeded, SequenceClosed these
> faults divide the states.

I am currently working on a UML model, which includes sequence diagrams
and state charts.

I have been studying the Hithachi state tables,
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200511/msg00183.html,
and am currently creating a corresponding set of state charts which
express the same information.

I have a few High level comments  regarding the Hitachi State Tables to
stimulate discussion on this email list :

1) In the RMS state table for the "terminated" state column, it shows
the RMS transmiting sequence related faults.   When would the RMS be
required to transmit such Faults back to the RMD for a terminated sequence?

2) We need to address all of the boxes in the Hitachi contribution which
have a "?" as contents.  As I am working to make the state chart diagrams,
I have been thinking of some answers to these question boxes.  We all
should look at the these ? boxes.
such faults?

I am impressed with the Hitachi Contribution, and expect we will have a
better spec after we answer all these questions.

Tom Rutt

Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133