ws-sx message

Subject: [VER 2] WS-SX TC Minutes, August 23 2006

[VER 2] Added Tony Nadalin to roll.

WS-SX TC Minutes, August 23 2006

We are grateful to Novell for sponsoring this call

Summary of new Action Items:

none

1. Call to order/roll call

Present:

Jong Lee, BEA Systems, Inc.*

Hal Lockhart, BEA Systems, Inc.*

Denis Pilipchuk, BEA Systems, Inc.*

Corinna Witt, BEA Systems, Inc.*

Yakov Sverdlov, CA*

Toshihiro Nishimura, Fujitsu Limited*

Ching-Yun (C.Y.) Chao, IBM*

Henry (Hyenvui) Chung, IBM*

Heather Hinton, IBM*

Tony Nadalin, IBM*

Bruce Rich, IBM*

Ron Williams, IBM*

Mike Lyons, Layer 7 Technologies Inc.*

Jan Alexander, Microsoft Corporation*

Greg Carpenter, Microsoft Corporation*

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Corporation*

Colleen Evans, Microsoft Corporation*

Mark Fussell, Microsoft Corporation*

Vijay Gajjala, Microsoft Corporation*

Marc Goodner, Microsoft Corporation*

Martin Gudgin, Microsoft Corporation*

Chris Kaler, Microsoft Corporation*

Asir Vedamuthu, Microsoft Corporation*

Norman Brickman, Mitre Corporation*

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia Corporation*

Abbie Barbir, Nortel Networks Limited*

Lloyd Burch, Novell*

Steve Carter, Novell*

Rich Levinson, Oracle Corporation*

Prateek Mishra, Oracle Corporation*

Martin Raepple, SAP AG*

Tony Gullotta, SOA Software Inc.*

Jiandong Guo, Sun Microsystems*

Don Adams, Tibco Software Inc.*

Ruchith Fernando, WSO2*

Status change:

Lost Alex Hristov as a voting member

2. Reading/Approving minutes of last meeting (August 16th 2006)

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-sx/email/archives/200608/msg00044.html

Adopted unanimously.

3. TC Logistics (10 minutes or less)

Need call sponsors, please contact Chris and Kelvin if you can sponsor a call.

4. Interop wrap up

Results matrix

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200608/msg00051.html

Scenario 1

5 participants

24 possible combinations, success on 20

Scenario 2

Not used

Scenario 3

Not used

Scenario 4

5 participants

24 possible combinations, success on 21

Scenario 5

3 participants

18 possible combinations, success on 18

Scenario 6

3 participants

6 possible combinations, success on 6

Scenario 7

Not used

Some new endpoints came up on Friday that are not in the above results. There is also at least one new client being worked on not reflected above as well.

5. Issues list

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/issues/Issues.xml

a) Review of action items

None.

b) Issues in Review status

i102 - Add section numbers and line numbers to interop document

Status changed to closed, no objections.

c) New issues

i105 - SC label concatenation rules unclear

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200608/msg00050.html

Status changed to pending, no objections.

i106 - Why does a <IssuedTokens> element contain an RSTR instead of an RSTRC?

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200608/msg00056.html

IssuedTokens is an RSTRC

Closed with no action, noting the above, no objections.

d) Active issues

i004 - Transitive closure spec dependencies

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200608/msg00048.html

No objections to accepting proposal, status changed to pending.

i008 - Need well formed XML examples

Not discussed. (standing editor item)

i066 - SecurityPolicy use cases

No updates this week.

i081 - Provide policy statements and associated URIs that can be referenced from wsp:PolicyReference statements

Not discussed.

i090 - Description of Strict Formatting seems wrong for EncryptedKey

New proposal from Hal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200608/msg00055.html

i096 - Ensure Appendix A is complete

Not discussed. (standing editor item)

i099 - The <IssuedTokens> Element is not used by WS-SC

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200608/msg00053.html

Closed with no action, no objection.

i100 - Lack of Rationale for choices of Authentication for WS-SC

Not discussed, hopefully discussion on the list over next week.

i101 - Need additional SamlToken Assertion Elements for Holder-of-Key and Sender-Vouches

New proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200608/msg00058.html

Where should this text be inserted?

Looking for agreement on the text first.

Either in section 5 on SAML, Appendix B, or as a new appendix

We should see if this applies to other token types in general.

i104 - Update interop documents to reflect what was actually tested.

Expect an update this week.

f) Pending issues

Not discussed.

i071 - Guidance on Policy Application

i074 - Add <EncryptSupportingToken> element to Sections 7.4 and7.5

i078 - Specify Reference Types for References to SCT

i079 - Is Bootstrap policy a PolicyAssertion

i080 - Handling EncryptParts specified under SupportingTokens

i082 - Remove duplicate RFC2119 reference

i083 - Remove shading from figures, possibly enlarge

i084 - Assertions with nested policy do not indicate it

i085 - Replace ID with Id for Id attribute

i088 - No XPath default

i089 - Minor editorial comments on security policy

i091 - security policy help for example C.3.2

i092 - Proposed SP change related to issue 52

i094 - We need a definition for "domain" in WS-SecurityPolicy

i095 - Amend text for nested assertions in WS-SP

i097 - No support for message level encryption of headers for WSS 1.0?

i098 - Inconsistencies related to SignedParts/* assertion

i103 - Interop document - Clarify that RSTR is returned in RSTRC

6. Next steps

What should we do with Trust and SC?

Interop seems successful.

Is it time to go to CD?

Editors think pending issuses can be done late this week or by Monday.

Given large number of pending issues, should we give a TC a week to review updates before CD vote?

Yes.

Plan on Sept. 6th call for CD vote.

Do PR votes have to be 7 day electronic? No, they can be done on calls as well.

If people feel it is appropriate we can vote for PR on the 6th as well.

Should we move SC and Trust forward to PR ahead of SP?

It would be helpful to groups like the RSP WG at WS-I.

No objections to doing so.

7. AOB

Please confirm date preferences for next F2F, first or second week of December.

So far strong preference for first week, specifically 6th and 7th has been indicated.

6. Adjournment

The meeting adjourned at 7:35am PST