ws-sx message

Subject: [ws-sx] RE: Issue PR030: Descriptions are inconsistent with theelement tagnames (/sp:MustNotSendCancel, /sp:MustNotSendAmend,"/sp:MustNotSendRenew").

These assertions are not related solely to the STS, they are related to the token issued by the STS which is why they appear here. For example, if an STS issues a token that contains the entire session information it may not support the Cancel request. The same STS may issue other tokens that only contain a session identifier and support the Cancel request. I think these assertions are where they belong.

I propose we close this issue with no action.

  • From: Greg Carpenter <gregcarp@microsoft.com>
  • To: "ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org" <ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 07:22:44 -0700

[[ gleaned from the spreadsheet of SP PR comments posted at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx-comment/200704/msg00000.html ]]

Protocol:  ws-securitypolicy

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702/ws-securitypolicy-1.2-spec-cd-02-diff.pdf

Artifact:  spec / schema

Type: design

Title: Descriptions are inconsistent with the element tag names (/sp:MustNotSendCancel, /sp:MustNotSendAmend, "/sp:MustNotSendRenew").

section 5.4.5 -- lines 1152, 1156, 1160:
Descriptions are inconsistent with the element tag names

section 5.4.7 -- lines 1297, 1301, 1305:
Same comment as for lines 1152, 1156, and 1160.

Related issues:

None.

Proposed Resolution:

Change "/sp:MustNotSendCancel" to "/sp:CancelNotSupported", or change the description to state explicitly that the Cancel must not be sent.
Change "/sp:MustNotSendAmend" to "/sp:AmendNotSupported", or change the description to state explicitly that the Amend must not be sent.
Change "/sp:MustNotSendRenew" to "/sp:RenewNotSupported", or change the description to state explicitly that the Renew must not be sent.