ws-tx message

Subject: Issue 015: Replace namespace and action URIs

There are three considerations related to this issue [1]:

1. The action and namespace URIs need to be updated to adhere to the OASIS guidelines.

2. The TC needs to determine when URIs should change (e.g., between committee drafts).

3. The TC should have a namespace document to point to various resources.

Related to consideration 1, Ian's proposal lists the URIs that should be updated and suggests a format:

replace
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/10/...
with
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wstx/2005/11/...

Based on the OASIS guidelines and the WS-RX TC's experience, I propose we add a '-' (ws-tx) which is the TC short name (not wstx) and switch the date and product order:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/[product]/yyyy/mm/[element name],

or yyyymm without the '/'

using 2006 rather than 2005 for the year.

For example:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wscoor/2006/04/Register

Also, there are elements missing from the list of URIs in the issue (e.g., CreateCoordination context).  The editors should review the list and ensure all action and namespace URIs are identified.

Related to considerations 2 and 3, the TC needs to determine when the NS should change.  The submitted issue also touches on this:

"....when an incompatible schema change is made so that the XML namespace of
the schema needs to be changed."

The WS-RX TC has resolved an issue on versioning policy that covers this same territory [2].  I suggest that the WS-TX TC should consider a similar direction.

Best regards,
Colleen

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-tx/200512/msg00075.html

[2] http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i088