wsdm message

Subject: RE: [wsdm] Groups - Authors of WSDM documents and document sections (Authors.doc) uploaded

The names of editors and contributors look correct to me, but I don't
think we are ready to say that we are gearing up for a MUWS 2.0 and a
MOWS 2.0 spec. We might well first focus on a separate document,
additions to the spec (rather than replacement), or a 1.1 or 1.5 version
of the specs for minor fixes. I see lots of encouraging signs of WSDM
1.0 adoption, let's not slow this down by sending a wrong message that
we are already making the specs obsolete. Let's give it some time for
the industry to use it and based on this experience we'll see if there
are things that need to be fixed/changed. If there are major
fixes/changes to the base specs then yes, let's go for a 2.0. If there
are only minor changes then we'll do a 1.5, 1.1 or maybe even just an
errata doc. But at this point I don't see any such feedback yet. Let's
give it some time so that if we end up doing a 2.0 it is a real 2.0 that
learns from 1.0, not a 1.0bis.

On the other hand, if we are just planning to add on top of the 1.0
specs then the right mechanism for that is not to rev the specs is to
find a way to compose on top of them while protecting the investment in
the specs.

Yes, I said the same thing at the F2F but I said lots of other things
there that are not as important as this, so I thought it was worth
repeating this in written form so it stands out from the rest of my blah
blah. ;-)

Regards,

William