wsfed message

Subject: Issue 4 analysis

HTTP, RFC 2616 – Keep

This is the most common reference to HTTP and is used by the BSP. The current proposed standard is RFC 2817.

HTTPS, RFC 2446 – Keep

This is the most common reference to HTTPS and is used by the BSP. The current proposed standard is RFC 4366.

Keywords, 2119 – Keep

Current.

SOAP – Keep

Current.

SOAP 1.2 – Update

2nd edition REC is available and is being referenced by other current specs. Suggest we update our reference.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-soap12-part1-20070427/

URI, RFC 3986 – Keep

Current.

WS-Addressing – Keep

Current.

WS-Eventing – Keep

Current.

WS-MetadataExchange – Keep

Current.

WS-Policy – Add

Our policy reference is out of date to the submission, we should add a reference to the REC. Our assertions can be used by either version of WS-Policy.

We should retain the reference to the submission version of WS-Policy until there is an updated version of WS-Trust to reference that also refers to the Policy REC.

WS-PolicyAttachment – Add

Same as above.

WS-SecureConversation – Drop

We don’t cite this reference in our spec, the reference isn’t needed.

WS-SecurityPolicy – Update

Update to standard version.

WS-Security, WS-Security11 – Combine

The references are fine, they are not cited individually. We should combine the reference as the token profiles are already combined for each version of WSS.

WSS: [token profiles] – Keep

Current.

WS-ResourceTransfer – Keep

Current.

WS-Transfer – Keep

Current.

WS-Trust – Update

Update to standard version.

ISO8601 – Keep

Current.

DNS-SRV-RR, RFC 2782 – Keep

Current.

XML Infoset – Drop

We have a current reference but we don’t cite this reference in the spec. I don’t see a reason to retain this one.

XML Schema 1 – Keep

Current.

XML Schema 2 – Keep

Current.

XML-C14N – Keep

There is a 1.1 version at Candidate Recommendation status. I don’t have any rationale for updating our reference at this time.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315

XML Signature – Keep

Current.

WSDL 1.1 – Keep.

Current.

XPath – Keep

There is a 2.0 version at Recommendation status. It looks like it provides a backwards compat mode for XPath 1.0. Still, as we aren’t suing any of the new features I suggest we stick with the 1.0 reference.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-xpath20-20070123/