wsqm message

Subject: RE: OASIS News translation

Carol,

I am glad that I can contribute to part of the standard effort of OASIS.
Here are my answers to your questions

1) I'll post OASIS News Korean as soon as the mail list is ready

2) That's great. I'll use 'oasisnewskr-editor@oasis-open.org'

3) Thank you. It sounds wonderful. I guess getting some credit is not bad
after all :-)

4) The footer will be included in every OASIS News from now on.

5) Yes, I would like to forward it to other mail list. I'll forward it with
header you suggested.

Best Regards,
Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Geyer [mailto:carol.geyer@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:20 AM
To: 'Jiyong Eric Pyon (???)'

Eric Jiyong Pyon,
This is wonderful. Thank you so much for all your work on this. The
schedule you described in your previous message sounds perfect.

1) We are still in the process of setting up the mail list. I'm hopeful
that will be done today, and I'll let you know as soon as
it's operating so we can post your first translation. For consistency with
other lists, I've decided to call it
"oasisnewskr@lists.oasis-open.org".

2) We will also create an email alias, "oasisnewskr-editor@oasis-open.org".
You and I will receive email sent to that address. If
you are able to post using that alias, that will be good--and it may help
reduce spam to "jypyon@nca.org.kr". If that's a problem
for you, let me know, and I'll make arrangements for you to post directly
from "jypyon@nca.org.kr".

3) To ensure you receive proper credit, I'd like you to translate and use
this introduction on all issues:

"Welcome to OASIS News, a weekly update of announcements, accomplishments,
and activities for the international standards
consortium. OASIS News is translated into Korean by Eric Jiyong Pyon of the
National Computerization Agency as a voluntary service
to the community."

Does that sound good to you?

4) Also, please translate and use this footer at the end of all messages
posted to this list:

5) When you ask "if it's ok to make Korean OASIS News available for other
standard effort group (forum, TC, WG, etc...) in Korea",
do you mean that you'd like to forward the translation to other mail lists?
That sounds like a great idea to me. You may want to
include a sentence at the beginning: "To subscribe to this newsletter
directly, use the form at http://www.oasis-
open.org/mlmanage/". You don't have to be a member of OASIS to subscribe to
OASIS News, so the more places we can distribute it,
the better.

Note too that a publicly accessible archive of the Korean translations will
be posted at http://lists.oasis-
open.org/archives/oasisnewskr/. Please feel free to post that link on any
appropriate web sites and forward the link to mail lists.

We'll announce the translation in OASIS News on Friday. Please let me know
if you have any other suggestions for letting people
know about it. We appreciate your efforts on this very much and are anxious
to promote the availability of this translation.

Best regards,
Carol