wsrm message

Subject: Re: [wsrm] Oracle's Requirements/Issues list

 Nikola,

 Comments inline:

Nikola wrote:

<Sunil>Global Unique IDs (GUIDs): Generating GUIDs is a nasty problem. One easy way to solve would be that Sender asking the  Receiver to generate one for it before it initiates any reliable message.</Sunil> First, I am puzzled by "is a nasty problem" statement. Second, even if it was

<SK>

Could you then enlighten me with an errorprone-less GUID generator logic
without a case where clients don't talk a centralized server? Yes, it's
RFC2822 mandated MessageId, but still to me it is a complex (& nasty :))
one. Especially in a "reliable" spec., don't you want to be 100% sure that
the Id is indeed "globally" unique.

</SK>

"a nasty problem" then it looks to me that it would be "even nastier" to ask and get it from the other side.
<SK>
Before I clarify further, I really meant to say that this be an optional feature.
for the receiving  RMP (Reliable Message Processor). It's been a long day
and I just missed it.

Yes, the solution proposed could be "nasty" (performance wise) if there are 100 msgs and if the Sender has to ask the Receiver to send a  GUID everytime. However, if we agree this in principle, we could easily solve this
by the sender making a single request to (block &) get a batch of GUIDs
from a receiver and use them for the remaining course until exhausted.

Btw, sometimes a 'nasty' performance problem is better than a 'nasty'
functional problem :)

I hope I clarified.

Thanks,
-Sunil