wsrp message

Subject: Re: [wsrp] [CR304] - Remove restriction that extensions not reuse typesfrom the WSRP namespace

Just in case this hasn't been decided in my absence already.
I would agree. I see no real reason to restrict to other namespaces.

But this would result in a change of our types.xsd, right?
namespace from ##other to ##any, correct?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
WSRP Standardization Technical Lead
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

             Rich Thompson
             <richt2@us.ibm.co
                                       wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org
             10/13/2004 08:36                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       [wsrp] [CR304] - Remove restriction
                                       that extensions not reuse types
                                       from the WSRP namespace

Document: Spec
Requested by: Rich Thompson

Section: Those that define the extensions field
Old text: The extensions field MAY be used to extend this structure.
Extension elements MUST be from namespaces other than WSRP.
New text: The extensions field MAY be used to extend this structure.

Section: 5.1.1
Old text: While the element definitions for these extensions are required
to be in a namespace other than WSRP, the reuse of the types defined within
the WSRP namespace by those definitions is encouraged as this increases the
likelihood of the receiving partner being able to deserialize the extension
in a useful manner.

New text: The use of the types defined within the XML Schema and WSRP
namespaces is encouraged as this increases the likelihood of the receiving
partner being able to deserialize the extension in a useful manner.

Errata? No

Reasoning: We have received many comments about the types defined in the
WSRP namespace (particularly NamedString) being unusable due to this
restriction. On the flip side, very little is lost by removing the
restriction.