wss message

Subject: ACTION([Ron]: Propose what to do about SAML 2.0 assertion IDs.

wrt issue 334, I brought this up in the SS TC  treleconf.

I asked if the SS TC  would consider reverting the name (ID) of saml 2.0
assertion identifiers back to the name (AssertionID) used for 1.0
and 1.1 assertion identifiers.

I learned that the attributes are in different name spaces, and as
such even if they had the same relative name, they would be different
attributes.

Thus our poposed resolution to issue 334, that is, adding AssertionID
to the WSS core as a direct ID reference mechanism, would not be sufficient
to sustain local direct references to SAML 2.0 Assertions.

To sustain local direct references to SAML 2.0 Assertions, we would have to
permit the use of the saml v2.0 ID attribute in local direct references.

I recommend that we add both attributes to the WSS core as
permitted/supported
 attributes in local direct references.

Ron