xacml message

Subject: Re: [xacml] URI-match function proposal

I think the primary problems in using reg-exp are that URL's
contain case-sensitive segments and case-insensitive segments.
HTTP or http or Http or ... will work.  sun.com or Sun.COM or
SUN.com, etc. will work.  "http://eastmail2bur.East.Sun.COM/"; or
"http://129.148.13.40"; will work.

There is also the issue that there are optimized functions
available on some systems for this type of matching.  People
don't want to be forced to use reg-exp.

If it is easy to write a reg-exp for the URL-matching functions,
then it should be easy for you to implement the URL-matching
functions using that reg-exp pattern, if you choose.

Anne

On 23 June, Bill Parducci writes: Re: [xacml] URI-match function proposal