xacml message

Subject: Re: [xacml] Brief summary of yesterday's focus group call

Bill,

The current draft that I have from Tim states "Generalization of the XACML syntax and processing model will permit its application to other types of policy, such as management policy, without adversely impacting its use for access control." and the charter says "The XACML Technical Committee will define a core XML schema for representing authorization and entitlement policies, also called XACML."

Maybe I'm wrong and the "generalization" is around access control (which is not how I read Tim's draft with the various rule sets) and the term "generalization" is just a bad term. Sorry I was not on the focus call, maybe we can get an overview and discussion on this weeks call ?

Inactive hide details for Bill Parducci <bparducci@gluecode.com>Bill Parducci <bparducci@gluecode.com>

          Bill Parducci <bparducci@gluecode.com>

          03/26/2005 08:23 AM

XACML <xacml@lists.oasis-open.org>

cc

Subject

Re: [xacml] Brief summary of yesterday's focus group call

tony, could you please elaborate? i have been working with a few other
members of the TC to apply this concept to outstanding use access
control scenarios and the results to date are promising.

thanks