xacml message

Subject: Minutes 25 May 2023 TC Meeting

Time: 4:30 PM EDT
Tel: 267-807-9601

Minutes for 30 March 2023 TC Meeting

I. Roll Call & Minutes
Voting members
 Hal Lockhart (Co-Chair)
 Bill Parducci (Co-Chair)
 Steven Legg

Non-Voting members
 John Jiang

Voting Members: 3 (100%) (used for quorum calculation)

Approve Minutes 30 March 2023 TC Meeting
 https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/202303/msg00004.html
 Approved unanimously.

II. Administrivia
 Hal:
  Any changes to the proposed agenda?

 Steven:
  I have some errata on Entities Profile

 XACML v3.0 Separation of Duties Version 1.0, Draft 6 uploaded

III. Issues
 Separation Of Duties
  Steven:
   No technical changes in this version, mostly cleanup and informational
   changes, including expanding policy editing based on last call.

   Bill had some questions about End History that can be addressed via
   expansion of examples. The focus is on on how cancellation occurs.
   I can add this in the next Draft.

  Bill:
   How is synchronization across PEPs addressed?

  Steven:
   Via intermediaries as noted in the specification (which could be the
   context handler).

 Entity Profile Errata
  Steven:
   While testing the Entity Profile a technical issue was found in attribute
   designation function where the MUST BE PRESENT flag for an attribute
   request a mandatory field may contain an Entity that has an ambivalent
   reference to the attribute that effects the ability to provide and appropriate
   error response. This might be solved by using an Indeterminate, otherwise we
   may need to create a URI to specify this condition explicitly.

  Hal:
   I think some sort of reserve value is needed here to help with troubleshooting
   down the road.

  Steven:
   Yes, I prefer something new here instead of an overloading en existing type.
   What should we call it?

  Hal:
   I suggest that the URI should be something along the lines of Category
   Not Applicable.

  Steven:
   There are a number of non-breaking hyphens that look like dashes but cause
   issues with cut and paste of the code.

   The next step is how we want to address resolving this logistically?

  Hal:
   We can generate another Committee Specification.

  Steven:
   The Starter Document seems to have changed.

  Hal:
   Letâs raise this situation with TC Admin for clarification.

  Hal:
   Administration tidbit. John you have been on 2 calls consecutively,
   you are now allowed to be a voting member.

  John:
   OK.

meeting adjourned.