xacml message

Subject: Minutes 20 July TC meeting

Time: 4:30 PM EDT
Tel: 267-807-9601

Minutes for 20 July 2023 TC Meeting

I. Roll Call & Minutes
Voting members
 Hal Lockhart (Co-Chair)
 Bill Parducci (Co-Chair)
 Steven Legg

Non-Voting members
 John Jiang
 Cyril Dangerville

Voting Members: 3 (100%) (used for quorum calculation)

Approve Minutes 25 May 2023 TC Meeting
 https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/202303/msg00004.html
 Moved: Bill
 Second: Steven
 Vote: Approved unanimously.

II. Administrivia
 Hal:
  FYI the 8/1 meeting of the SAML TC will be its last. The TC's work is deemed complete.

 Hal:
  Now that we once again have active members in multiple continents the TC is open to
  discussing moving the meeting to a time that works best for everyone.

 Hal:
  We noticed that the TC home page was out of date, so Bill and I updated it.

III. Issues
 Separation Of Duties
  Steven:
   I think it's finished and has been posted in "redline" format. I found a few small
   editorial issues. Bill and I talked about transaction history TTL prior to last call.
   I added RECOMMEND to use time limits. Relaxed string syntax on identifier attribute.

  John:
   I have a question about Separation of Concerns, does it create new Use Cases? Is there
   a more generalized definition that would be appropriate for incorporating into a Profile

  Hal:
   I see this Profile as opening the door for a large set of new Use Cases

  Steven:
   There is always the option of exploring incorporating some of the newer use cases into
   a revised Core Specification.

  Hal:
   That is certainly an option--and something anyone in the TC is encouraged to explore--
   but that would shouldn't prevent moving forward with this particular Profile.

  John:
   Agreed.

  Cyril:
   I posted some questions and comment to the TC list.

  [general]:
    It doesn't seem to have shown up in our email.

  Cyril:
   I'll resend.

meeting adjourned.